Hedgehog accident

Just let the dogs out for 5mins in garden before bed and when I went to let em in the youngest terror was attacking a balled up hedgehog. He was in full on prey drive and I had to get a piece of wood between em to get him off. Rolled the hedgehog other side of the gate it was still breathing. Put the dogs inside. When I've gone in the dogs muzzle and paws are covered in blood, not sure who's guess it's his own. Little shit, fearless and no pain when in prey drive mode. I'm more bothered about the fact he is crawling with f***ing fleas. Do hedgehog fleas stay on dogs or in house etc?

Yes they do mate. My last hedgehog incident the dog jumped out of some cover with a hedgehog in 2 bits held together by a sliver of skin right infront of a poor woman walking her dog ?

The dog was white when he went in there and came out red, cost me a fortune in flea stuff the week after. 

5 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Just let the dogs out for 5mins in garden before bed and when I went to let em in the youngest terror was attacking a balled up hedgehog. He was in full on prey drive and I had to get a piece of wood between em to get him off. Rolled the hedgehog other side of the gate it was still breathing. Put the dogs inside. When I've gone in the dogs muzzle and paws are covered in blood, not sure who's guess it's his own. Little shit, fearless and no pain when in prey drive mode. I'm more bothered about the fact he is crawling with f***ing fleas. Do hedgehog fleas stay on dogs or in house etc?

our English bull terrier crossed staffordsire  bull terrier use to kill hedgehogs when ever they enter our garden, it ripped them to pieces there was bits of hedgehogs on the walls and on the fence, her mouth was covered in blood and full of prickles, i had to get them out with plyers.......i didn't worry about any fleas as i reckon they got thrown off.......? 

23 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Enterprise worthy if the name will go out it's way to kill a hedgehog .Mine will go to any lengths to follow a scent which has been embarrassing in the past and no amount of bollocking will put them off .

That's what he is like. Can see him switch, his whole body language changes. His eyes go massive and his whole body goes tense and shaking n that. I can see it in him a mile off. Waste of time tryna stop him or snap him out of it. Just gota get him away and let him calm down for 10mins.