Urban wildlife.

Put a square of black plastic or roofing felt down on your garden and slow worms will arrive if you want them, this is a lower engine cover from a vw polo my son wrote off 4/5 years back but I can’t throw it away as upto half a dozen will be underneath it depending on the sun just had a quick look it’s quite cloudy today but still one in residence ✌️

7C5C1F38-FE77-4903-9104-F344FB61111C.jpeg

F7564CC8-2410-4690-99A0-0CE05B1DB770.jpeg

• Like 6

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some guy in the city I used to live took these pics,the rivers cleaned up massively since I was a kid,i know exactly where these pics were taken,granted they aren't pin-sharp but they were right-place

Saw this today, butterfly nest 

Little fella i found at work yesterday...

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Just seen a vid on FB this morning, of a Roe deer walking along my old street in Anfield Liverpool.

If anyone knows the area (Liverpool 4) then you'd know how urban the location is but i believe there is a small population living happily on an abandoned site next to the old railway line (their way in!). They have also been spotted in local parks near to the same line.

roe are turning up in tiny bits of waste ground, parks and graveyards all over, weird how they've took off

Edited by Gilbey
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Saw him twice mate 9ft wingspan flying over Bristol and barely another soul saw it, by the time he made it down to exmoor or Dartmoor there were thousands coming from everywhere to get a glimpse, much to the annoyance of many of my passengers my head is like an owls, it spins round 360 degrees as I,m driving, and I,m constantly scanning from floor to sky when I,m walking, would say Danial Caine is much the same as I,ve been out with him several times and he,s switched on to it as well even the carcasses on the side of the road tell a story and are noticed and noted down ✌️✌️✌️

I nearly crashed looking at a buzzard once ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Gilbey said:

roe are turning up in tiny bits of waste ground, parks and grave yards all over, weird how they've took off

Have seen them swimming the river near me, it’s big and very tidal and they are swimming from countryside to urbanisation, a bloke along the road from me thought he was being burgled a few years back, krept down stairs hearing a banging on his french doors, when he flung the curtain back there was a young buck rutting with its reflection in the doors, have found a few dead outside the house over the years I live on one of the busiest roads into town ? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gilbey said:

roe are turning up in tiny bits of waste ground, parks and grave yards all over, weird how they've took off

See muntjac deer in and out of peoples driveways most mornings. Was near hounslow other day bushing on some rough ground good numbers of rabbits and deer. Seen them parakeets dying to nail one with the catty lol

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, C.green said:

See muntjac deer in and out of peoples driveways most mornings. Was near hounslow other day bushing on some rough ground good numbers of rabbits and deer. Seen them parakeets dying to nail one with the catty lol

Had parakeets with a catty and a mist-net in Hounslow,quite a number of fox and deer around there.

• Like 1

Your right feller deffo more than i thought there wouldnt be especially rabbit wise bushers had plenty work. And the area i live aint what youd call barren lol. Will get me a parakeet boy i know thats had a few reckons alot of dogs wont touch them to retrieve. 

8 minutes ago, C.green said:

Your right feller deffo more than i thought there wouldnt be especially rabbit wise bushers had plenty work. And the area i live aint what youd call barren lol. Will get me a parakeet boy i know thats had a few reckons alot of dogs wont touch them to retrieve. 

Lots of fox on Hounslow heath.

24 minutes ago, mackem said:

Had parakeets with a catty and a mist-net in Hounslow,quite a number of fox and deer around there.

Those parakeets have made it as far down as Gloucester someone I no lives there had one on his feeders last summer, seem to be following a similar path southward as the red kites, saw my first one here last year, usually around Swindon I start to see them, good thread ??

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Have seen them swimming the river near me, it’s big and very tidal and they are swimming from countryside to urbanisation, a bloke along the road from me thought he was being burgled a few years back, krept down stairs hearing a banging on his french doors, when he flung the curtain back there was a young buck rutting with its reflection in the doors, have found a few dead outside the house over the years I live on one of the busiest roads into town ? 

I've seen them on the strip of grass between the barriers middle of hard shoulder on m5 a few times?little embankments on the slip roads too....they seem to get everywhere same as muntjac ?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Greyman said:

Think the Somerset levels were one of the first places to have otters released on plus the few native ones get moved about by newcomers as they are pretty territorial and won’t tolerate another on there patch, I had a fishing lake down there in the 90,S and otters turned up around 98/99 ate all my ducklings, goslings plus a couple of grands worth of carp, saw the slide he used to come into the lake, saw the carcasses he left around the lake but the nearest I ever got to see him was I heard a splash and saw a trail of bubbles lead into a large reed bed before he was gone, ✌️

This wasn't the levels where I would have expected them it was up in the hills