New 45 acre permission

Well after a little bit of ground work I’ve been to meet a lady and her father In law this morning at a local equestrian centre.

Shes been having a few issues with rabbits. Also Charlie rummaging through the bins and sniffing around her sheep.

After a walk round and discussing her needs she gave me the permission to shoot on her land?? Happy days 45 acres??

Already seen a den and trails from Charlie.

There’s a shed I can use as a hide which she said I can use.

Going to try and get up this week a see what’s about. Will let you know how I get on.

• Like 5

Great news. But from my experience anything to do with any horse establishment is a pain in the bum. There are always so many conditions that go with being there that it becomes a no go. Such as you can't shoot anything noisy. You can only go at certain times and days because either people who have livery there are on site or people are having lessons or riding out. You can't shoot in this direction or that direction. You can't shoot in any fields that adjoin any field with a horse in it. I did have one person that had so many conditions that I declined to go there and advised them to deal with their own problem in their own way and not waste my time. Every situation is different. I can understand the concerns that these people have with firearms in proximity to livestock but in that case why aren't they dealing with the problems that they might have.

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

Please sir, can I come and play with the tikka?

it will be a good place for some HMR foxing with it been full of horses they might not be to chuffed if you let rip with the .308

Yes you can come and play??

Drop you a text when I’m going?

The hoses are ok around Shotguns so should be ok with the 308.

Edited by Longshanx
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Meece said:

Great news. But from my experience anything to do with any horse establishment is a pain in the bum. There are always so many conditions that go with being there that it becomes a no go. Such as you can't shoot anything noisy. You can only go at certain times and days because either people who have livery there are on site or people are having lessons or riding out. You can't shoot in this direction or that direction. You can't shoot in any fields that adjoin any field with a horse in it. I did have one person that had so many conditions that I declined to go there and advised them to deal with their own problem in their own way and not waste my time. Every situation is different. I can understand the concerns that these people have with firearms in proximity to livestock but in that case why aren't they dealing with the problems that they might have.

To be honest she was fairly easy going.

She realizes I’m not just a muppet walking round with a gun! 

The livestock is use to a bit of noise as a bloke teaches clay pigeon on her land. Also there is a model plane club in the next field, which she is going to ask if I can shoot there as well. 

2 hours ago, Deker said:

I've been doing this a long time and any new client/land is always good/challenging!

I just love looking round a site and working out the plan! :thumbs:

Always nice to have new places to walk round, the added bonus is it’s only 5 minutes from my house.

Edited by Longshanx
1 hour ago, Longshanx said:

To be honest she was fairly easy going.

She realizes I’m not just a muppet walking round with a gun! 

The livestock is use to a bit of noise as a bloke teaches clay pigeon on her land. Also there is a model plane club in the next field, which she is going to ask if I can shoot there as well. 

That sounds ok. And it can always lead on to somewhere else to walk over.  One of my son in laws has a brother who has a horse / livery yard and the foxes were getting into the horse food, digging and scattering the stable straw / carp out of the skips all over the place, getting up into the hay and carping in it ect, ect and just being a dirt nuisance.   Last winter We spent several nights over there siting in a tack room shed and a hay store shed freezing our bits off.  The whole yard is lit up by Orange sodium floodlight so we could see everything. The spaces that we could take a shot were limited to between shed buildings and across the exercise square and an acces track. All the rest was buildings parked vehicles stables with horses in. It was sort of like a bad man /  sniper pop up game  Charlie would suddenly appear between a couple of sheds and then go behind a vehicle and then across a track. It was very difficult because we were so cold and it is very difficult to keep focused for betwen 30 to 60 mins only to get no more than 1 to 2 seconds of target time. Difficult.  We did account fo a few though. 

• Like 1