• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WhiteSalukiBitch
      **sorry for the double post**
      I know I'm probably going to get the piss severely ripped out of me for asking this, but
      Has anyone ever successfully trained a deaf lurcher (from two working parents and I own her 4 year old sister who is an awesome little bunny basher.) 
      Genetically she has potential, but...what do you experts think? 
      She's not a Double merle by the way, it's extreme piebald/white head. Her vision is perfect 
    • By WhiteSalukiBitch
      I know I'm probably going to get the piss severely ripped out of me for asking this, but
      Has anyone ever successfully trained a deaf lurcher (from two working parents and I own her 4 year old sister who is an awesome little bunny basher.) 
      Genetically she has potential, but...what do you experts think? 
      She's not a Double merle by the way, it's extreme piebald/white head. Her vision is perfect 
    • By hbb
      I’m looking for some advice as we recently rescued a whippet lurcher mix. She’s extremely friendly and sociable with dogs and people but is constantly biting and grabbing our older dogs legs, ears and neck. He’s s cavachon and doesn’t really care for playing or interacting with other dogs so he rarely snaps or growls at her when she starts. He’ll just stand there looking at us or try to run away. She’s never been aggressive towards him and regularly try’s to protect him if other dogs get rough with him. However she’s constantly biting at him when he starts barking or when’s she too excited. We separate her and tell her no but so far it’s not working and he’s doing little to tell her to stop. My worry is he’s much smaller then her and that she might accidentally hurt him if we weren’t there to stop it. Is this common Lurcher behaviour and any suggestions? Thanks 
    • By Paragon.of.Zaonce
      Hello to all.
      I would like some help with our lurchers coat. Luna is 3 this year, her Mum was a Border Collie x Whippet (merle) her Dad a Whippet x Greyhound (Non-Merle). I think she has the harlequin merle modifier gene, I don't think she is double merle, her Dad was not cryptic as far as we can tell. She has no helth issues eyesight excellent and her hearing is as selective as any lurcher. 
      She is a stunning wee dog, very unique markings, great temperament.
      Any help appreciated.

• By Urbstar12
      Help

I’m looking for a pup to meet my needs.  I will be hunting rabbit, fox, and deer.  I will be hunting pastures and easements.  I need something with EXTREME speed for hunting cow-fields and horse-fields in Pennsylvania.  If the deer make it to the woods, they are gone. We don’t have miles of giant fields like the Staghound guys do out west for running coyote.  

Does anyone produce Whippet x Staghound crosses?  
      Can anyone show any video of Dave Platts “English Deerhounds” actually working? 
      Would a purebred Greyhound be too fragile for field work?