Ziggy, I'm not knocking what you do your a braver man than me to put a dog in them places but tell me do you purposely seek out these places to work your terriers or is it a lack of natural earths in you area, would you not rather have a dig to your dog and have more of a chance getting a result.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same earth   

i

I think Ziggy has summed it all up,   in rocks i find you need a dog thats not going to waffled about and needs to make sure the fox thinks it's safer to bolt than stay in the pile ,  working cracks a

Posted Images

Hope ziggy dosnt mind me saying but the lad has got more digging to go at than the average person. 

I'm with you apache....  If had the choice I'd be going down the motorway for a digging. But I guess you like what you like don't you. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Apache... said:

Ziggy, I'm not knocking what you do your a braver man than me to put a dog in them places but tell me do you purposely seek out these places to work your terriers or is it a lack of natural earths in you area, would you not rather have a dig to your dog and have more of a chance getting a result.

Fox love the rock piles an hold most of the time loads of earth about me but don't use em much as the rock 

13 minutes ago, Apache... said:

Surprising that tank!! You would think a dry, draught free earth would be more suitable than a cold airy pile of rock, maybe they know something we dont "cunning as a fox" no truer saying.

I’d compare rock piles to thick cover for holding foxes, just my opinion though.

15 minutes ago, Apache... said:

Surprising that tank!! You would think a dry, draught free earth would be more suitable than a cold airy pile of rock, maybe they know something we dont "cunning as a fox" no truer saying.

Very cold day or the sun out you will find the fox in the rock piles 

• Like 3

aint it great the different types and preferences of terrier and the way theyre hunting even today, good thread fellas, and shows how different types came about, purely for the different jobs. i had a handy we foxing border bitch and she was worth her weight in gold for foxing and checking new places. rocks????? feck that lolol  too dangerous for the dogs for my liking

• Like 1
On 28/08/2018 at 20:01, Apache... said:

Ziggy, I'm not knocking what you do your a braver man than me to put a dog in them places but tell me do you purposely seek out these places to work your terriers or is it a lack of natural earths in you area, would you not rather have a dig to your dog and have more of a chance getting a i

Edited by ziggy
  • Like 8