• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same earth   

i

I think Ziggy has summed it all up,   in rocks i find you need a dog thats not going to waffled about and needs to make sure the fox thinks it's safer to bolt than stay in the pile ,  working cracks a

Posted Images

But how would you know the dog had killed the fox rather than come away from it?

I remember reading something in Plummer's 'Fell Terrier' where a dog was described as having appeared 'bloodied but unbowed, victorious from the rock pile' etc and it always stuck in my head, how do they know the fox was dead? 

I've seen, as I'm sure many have, a dog come from an earth in pieces with people present saying 'oh hes killed it' and then enter another terrier and the fox is still very much alive. 

I've nothing against the rock piles Ziggy as I'm sure you have some good sport from them, but do you not find yourself with more questions than answers when working them? 

On 26/08/2018 at 21:46, Rabbit Hunter said:

But how would you know the dog had killed the fox rather than come away from it?

I remember reading something in Plummer's 'Fell Terrier' where a dog was described as having appeared 'bloodied but unbowed, victorious from the rock pile' etc and it always stuck in my head, how do they know the fox was dead? 

I've seen, as I'm sure many have, a dog come from an earth in pieces with people present saying 'oh hes killed it' and then enter another terrier and the fox is still very much alive. 

I've nothing against the rock piles Ziggy as I'm sure you have some good sport from them, but do you not find yourself with more questions than answers when working i

Edited by ziggy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They look like my worst nightmare, I simply couldn't drop a dog in there as there's too many what ifs, especially for the sake of bolting a fox. One of my main concerns would be if the collar got hooked onto something or jammed somehow, how would you get the dog out?

• Like 1
On 27/08/2018 at 08:14, Rabbit Hunter said:

They look like my worst nightmare, I simply couldn't drop a dog in there as there's too many what ifs, especially for the sake of bolting a fox. One of my main concerns would be if the collar got hooked onto something or jammed somehow, how would you get the dog out?

i

Edited by ziggy
  • Like 19

Lad

1 hour ago, ziggy said:

20180827_085011.thumb.jpg.aef2d14e325a5934e48d786ec65e434f.jpgdog was in 5 days... first fox bolted an keeper shot it... then dog found the second and could be herd going deep we couldent her her for 4 days ...on the 5th we could here her trying to get up throu the depth s so we waited  an two hours later she poped out... 

You have some balls working them rock piles no way could I put a dog in them places 

• Like 1

On my day off I decided to scour the best international hunting websites. This is absolutely the best thread i have read with some hard-core hunting photos to back up its all guts and glory.  If THL posts where all like this it would without doubt be the best in the world.

WELL DONE LADS!

• Like 2