Have been some very good threads on here in the past from lads that have worked the rock piles, find the subject very interesting having never done it and enjoy reading of their experiences, just trying to get a bit of a discussion going and shake a bit of the testosterone off the terrier section and get a decent thread going.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same earth   

i

I think Ziggy has summed it all up,   in rocks i find you need a dog thats not going to waffled about and needs to make sure the fox thinks it's safer to bolt than stay in the pile ,  working cracks a

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Have been some very good threads on here in the past from lads that have worked the rock piles, find the subject very interesting having never done it and enjoy reading of their experiences, just trying to get a bit of a discussion going and shake a bit of the testosterone off the terrier section and get a decent thread going.

Hope yea get it up an runnin chum but the way this place is goin at the minute yea need to have some gossip or be a dog thieving c**t,tout,0r a peddler to get a thread off the ground 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not worked many rocks apart from a place  near where I was brought up. My father used to go to it and it always held and still does to this day on the first heavy rain fall. A big slab of rock with two small cracks as entrances and goes deep, a wirey dog would be used as it dropped to over 20+ ft.  My father said he once returned to the pile when a local lads dog was lost in the area, when a guy crawled out of an entrance with a head torch on and said he found a dead dog at the bottom of a ledge with a fox sat up high.

6 minutes ago, ziggy said:

Love it me.... stitting ther quite just trying to lisen to hear the dog make contact .. then you think was it the dog or not you could here as your sat away from the pile..then you hear the dog an hear the rocks russle as charlie is about to bolt

What kind of terriers do you use ziggy and how do they work their fox, I’d think an overly hard dog that’s  happy to take hold and lay there wouldn’t be of much use, and would you start a young terrier in rocks.