Fire question

Hey folks. What's the best temp to set the pump on a multi fuel charnwood fire.

I know very little on them other than how to light them lol

I have a switch on my wall which the light goes on and off which turns on the pump to feed the radiator's.

Lit a fire tonight and the light hadn't came on so went upstairs to the boiler cupboard and turned the temp from 60 to 50 pump came on. Is that a normal temp. Bare in mind this might sound a stupid question but I have never touched the temp gauge since I moved in here so don't know if there an optimum setting 

Dunno, we've got a Rayburn but here is a link to Charnwòd. Ask them, send them an e-mail.  ....... https://www.charnwood.com

Is it that cold up there or are you just having a test run ?  It's incredible that only a wèk or so ago it was up around 30c  down here.  It's gone down to just below 20c now.

Edited by Meece

If it was already set I wouldn’t touch it,the temp was set at 60 and you turned it down to 50 and the pump came on which lets you know 2 things ,the pump is working fine and it will come on at the setting you have moved it to,you will find that the water hadn’t reached 60 degrees in order for the pump to kick in but had reached 50 so it came on,I leave my pump at the on position all the time and the thermostat at sixty, the Charnwood stoves are up there with the best,it should have a dial on the side to burn hotter or colder I think the settings are 1-6 hope this helps,are you burning wood or coal,wf

Yea there a dial on side of fire 1_6 I burn those oval smokeless things. I filled it up last nite and turned the dial to 2 closed the doors and it's still glowing strong. The pump light is on. 

Cheers for the advice. So you think should turn it back to 60.

.tbh meece it's not that cold . I always have my fire set just ready to be lit. I fell asleep on sofa last night and just put it as I woke up a bit cold lol

It was to hot all night lol 

Hardwood logs cut them in the spring and stack them in the spring and burn them in the winter you will get more heat from logs than coal,if you’re happy with the thermostat at 50 then leave it there but don’t go any lower or it will interfere with the temperature of the hot water ,atb wf

• Thanks 1