something a bit different

2 hours ago, si brown said:

well after two false starts and an it'll bee hmmm!!! possibly ages before we get them back in ive given up on the fac wildcat mk2

and got myself a .25fac impact!

ive liked these since I first clapped eyes on one years ago but thought its far to expensive for a sub 12 but now I can have what I want I thought feck it im having one:thumbs:

IMG_1317.thumb.jpg.a496a30bfaef560776b19278256604bc.jpg

so the first thing I did was strip it down to check that it had the full x-twist barrel in as I want to be able to use all the makes of pellets and not just jsb's...

IMG_1318.thumb.jpg.7bc6c8acf33bd7585eca88b83ab75066.jpg

gave the barrel a good clean too.. it was full of sh1te so im glad I did!!

the rifle is not classed as silenced because the shroud is empty so the yanks can own them... sorted that and its as quiet as any normal silenced pcp!

IMG_1320.thumb.jpg.3c5bc74e1ba4737a0f2dde43090b4362.jpg

the x-twist liner is just pushed into place in the blued lining and the threaded section is screwed in by hand and nipped up lightly with a 10mm spanner,

the shroud is slid down the barrel and threads on the end nice and easily then the mod is just twisted on!!

now to test alls well.... typically the mag was to tight and would not index so a quick tweak with a 2mm alan and alls good. 

IMG_1321.thumb.jpg.b39b9dea3bc9101529dfa73aeacf0324.jpg

Very nice, i bet it wasent cheap if only i had the money lol, are you making your own money si lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well after two false starts and an it'll bee hmmm!!! possibly ages before we get them back in ive given up on the fac wildcat mk2 and got myself a .25fac impact! ive liked these since I firs

had a cracking weekend with the lads and the impact Phil  I nipped to a farm on the way there and set it up, thought it was gonna be a right mission but it didn't take long and I only tried the j

Deer stalking is not for you Jimmy, you have to be QUIET for that ?? Anyway we all know you WANT and NEED the Impact my old pal so no more of this not wanting one now because we have them, just k

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, falcongit said:

Very nice, i bet it wasent cheap if only i had the money lol, are you making your own money si lol 

haha...wish I could, dont work at the printers anymore!!

had a good week at work and chopped a sub 12 in for a good price too so it wasn't so harsh:thumbs:

• Like 2
1 minute ago, si brown said:

haha...wish I could, dont work at the printers anymore!!

had a good week at work and chopped a sub 12 in for a good price too so it wasn't so harsh:thumbs:

I am saveing up for a hw 100 but in sub 12, i wish i had got one 11 years ago when stealthy 1 got his they were a tad cheaper then 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, falcongit said:

I am saveing up for a hw 100 but in sub 12, i wish i had got one 11 years ago when stealthy 1 got his they were a tad cheaper then 

there are some reasonably priced second hand ones on freeads at the moment..

id happily buy a second hand one, my mates had his over 10 years and it never missed a beat or been back to the shop!

you mates with stealthy?! ....he docent do many hunting posts but when he dose there hilarious :laugh:

• Like 1

Si worth changing  over the reg and fill  gauges as well  ,edgun do a nice one but about £60  or XTX air at £13 I think 

https://www.edgunwest.com/store/p89/EDgun__EDMU_(Electronic_gauge).html

https://www.xtxair.com/fx-airguns/300bar-pressure-gauge-indicator

At Christmas I should be getting one of these hopefully

9 minutes ago, si brown said:

id happily buy a second hand one, my mates had his over 10 years and it never missed a beat or been back to the shop!

you mates with stealthy?! ....he docent do many hunting posts but when he dose there hilarious :laugh:

9 minutes ago, si brown said:

Yes i no of him lol, for many years, he is hilarious and so are his posts lol, i go shooting with him when i get chance but not seen him for awhile due to work, but will be going to his neck of the woods soon 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, villaman said:

Si worth changing  over the reg and fill  gauges as well  ,edgun do a nice one but about £60  or XTX air at £13 I think 

https://www.edgunwest.com/store/p89/EDgun__EDMU_(Electronic_gauge).html

https://www.xtxair.com/fx-airguns/300bar-pressure-gauge-indicator

At Christmas I should be getting one of these hopefully

26 shots is going some.. like the idea of that!

you'd have to go with the bing gauges but there feckin steep

• Like 1

The time is now 1.05pm and Si should be arriving at the big fella's house so shortly the envy from our Jimmy will be bursting out all over the place.

Have a good weekend boys and Si, while you are there give Jimmy a kick up the rear to get that bloody fac application sorted..................................then order one of these Jimmy and you to could have the same smile that myself, Alan, Mitch and now Si has all across our faces.

Enjoy setting it up Si. 

Phil

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, philpot said:

The time is now 1.05pm and Si should be arriving at the big fella's house so shortly the envy from our Jimmy will be bursting out all over the place.

Have a good weekend boys and Si, while you are there give Jimmy a kick up the rear to get that bloody fac application sorted..................................then order one of these Jimmy and you to could have the same smile that myself, Alan, Mitch and now Si has all across our faces.

Enjoy setting it up Si. 

Phil

Dont want one now as you ,,si ,,,and mitch have one

there like range rovers once only the well off could own one now there that common

they will let every tom dick and harry have one

i should know iv had two

i rest my case

lol

Thinking of just putting in for fac and sgc

as iv got some one that is going to take me Deer stoking

if i do im done with air rifles

ill sell what iv got and go over to the dark side

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Deer stalking is not for you Jimmy, you have to be QUIET for that ??

Anyway we all know you WANT and NEED the Impact my old pal so no more of this not wanting one now because we have them, just keep putting pennies in the piggy bank matey.

Phil

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 25/08/2018 at 13:11, philpot said:

Enjoy setting it up Si. 

Phil

had a cracking weekend with the lads and the impact Phil :thumbs:

I nipped to a farm on the way there and set it up, thought it was gonna be a right mission but it didn't take long and I only tried the jsb 25.4's, 

cos they were on the money within a few shots... zeroed the endurance day scope at 48 and tested at 100!

the red trailer is 100 and it was breezy:victory:

A4D300BD-658D-4E61-B0F9-46530B0804C3.thumb.JPG.8452351e767cf3c4314e03edc4cfa6ff.JPG

yfS4b4k3SXi8xwEgU0Za5A.thumb.jpg.ced143d2289e07ed5068da6fd11faa76.jpg

only did one shot cos the bloody sticker falls off when you hit it.

lot easier shooting off a car roof than through the window, missed a fair few last night:censored:

• Like 3

Nice going Si.

What did you use for NV last night because you normally use the Photon so have you got an Add-On as well. Must admit after you saying you were putting the Endurance scope on, I have been toying with trying my Endurance and selling the Airmax...............................but then what do I put on my rimmy, hmmm

Phil