something a bit different

well after two false starts and an it'll bee hmmm!!! possibly ages before we get them back in ive given up on the fac wildcat mk2

and got myself a .25fac impact!

ive liked these since I first clapped eyes on one years ago but thought its far to expensive for a sub 12 but now I can have what I want I thought feck it im having one:thumbs:

IMG_1317.thumb.jpg.a496a30bfaef560776b19278256604bc.jpg

so the first thing I did was strip it down to check that it had the full x-twist barrel in as I want to be able to use all the makes of pellets and not just jsb's...

IMG_1318.thumb.jpg.7bc6c8acf33bd7585eca88b83ab75066.jpg

gave the barrel a good clean too.. it was full of sh1te so im glad I did!!

the rifle is not classed as silenced because the shroud is empty so the yanks can own them... sorted that and its as quiet as any normal silenced pcp!

IMG_1320.thumb.jpg.3c5bc74e1ba4737a0f2dde43090b4362.jpg

the x-twist liner is just pushed into place in the blued lining and the threaded section is screwed in by hand and nipped up lightly with a 10mm spanner,

the shroud is slid down the barrel and threads on the end nice and easily then the mod is just twisted on!!

now to test alls well.... typically the mag was to tight and would not index so a quick tweak with a 2mm alan and alls good. 

IMG_1321.thumb.jpg.b39b9dea3bc9101529dfa73aeacf0324.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well after two false starts and an it'll bee hmmm!!! possibly ages before we get them back in ive given up on the fac wildcat mk2 and got myself a .25fac impact! ive liked these since I firs

had a cracking weekend with the lads and the impact Phil  I nipped to a farm on the way there and set it up, thought it was gonna be a right mission but it didn't take long and I only tried the j

Deer stalking is not for you Jimmy, you have to be QUIET for that ?? Anyway we all know you WANT and NEED the Impact my old pal so no more of this not wanting one now because we have them, just k

Posted Images

fitted the crombo to the end and gave it the acid test... bang on the money!!

IMG_1322.thumb.jpg.6547d06b34440758d5f5f0d48dffd173.jpg

the book says 47ftlb think this is as near as it gets:thumbs: out of the box no tweaking needed. 

IMG_1323.thumb.jpg.050203f1799a01df29889adbb9512bb2.jpg

now to get out an see weather she likes the h&n's cos this pellet was good with higher powered .177's

the screwfix catalog failed the test... straight trough 900 pages and quite possibly the board behind:icon_eek:

IMG_1324.thumb.jpg.ef2c13e8933e74b836e8bb074179ba41.jpg

2121001059_IMG_13252.thumb.JPG.d4c959d0113c1600667513fbfb52c506.JPG

cheers si

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, pav said:

Very nice Jimmy going to love you I had to use high mounts on mine them one look low ones in pic let the fun begin

haha... cheers pav

I thought them mounts looked low but there the highs and the photons sat nicely on top with a few mm to spare:thumbs:

just tried the h&n's and they fit in the mag fine so fingers x'd there accurate... just need this wind to drop now so I can get out and set it all up!!

cheers si

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, tomburras said:

That is one amazing set up ?

cheers tom...

I had me hart set on a black one but there weren't any in stock but now ive got this silver one its grown on me and I like it!!

hope it shoots as well as it looks

atb si 

1 hour ago, pav said:

Very nice Jimmy going to love you I had to use high mounts on mine them one look low ones in pic let the fun begin

SI BROWN WHO IS THIS SI BROWN

I DONT KNOW ANY ONE CALLED SI BROWN

I GOT TOLD HE WAS A TIT WITH AN IMPACT

DONT KNOW HOW FAR ITS TRUE MIND AS I DONT KNOW HIM AT ALL

:snack:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

now you just need a thermal now mr i dont know you

but then again this means i can use it when im down at yours lol

Im not going to say its nice

but black would of been better

cracking set up SI

you work hard mate why not play hard to bud

about time and when we are out with pav (Alan) this week end you will see just how good they are bud

cant wait until i get one lol

JEALOUS WHO ME 

YOU BET I AM

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

Very , Very nice Si I think you will love this gun . Try AA fields 25.4 gr I know people say they are the same as jsb but I can tell you they are different  by looks and most important group better as well .

With JSB at 100 yards I had a group about 27 mm but with AA fields  24 mm  Phil told me about these and Phil is spot on with his recommendations  

We need a FAC FX impact page now on this forum with the amount of us who have them .:laugh:

I am expecting my FAC FX crown .22  and my X barrel for the impact next week 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

now you just need a thermal now mr i dont know you

but then again this means i can use it when im down at yours lol

Im not going to say its nice

but black would of been better

cracking set up SI

you work hard mate why not play hard to bud

about time and when we are out with pav (Alan) this week end you will see just how good they are bud

cant wait until i get one lol

JEALOUS WHO ME 

YOU BET I AM

im proper looking forward to this weekend, ive got it sorted and the kids are being dropped off at 11.30 so I'll be up in good time!

I was a bit urrr when they said they only had one left and its in silver but Im honestly glad I got it, I really like the look of it. 

looking forward to meeting pav, top offer of a nights shooting:thumbs:

cheers... mr wtf are you

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, si brown said:

im proper looking forward to this weekend, ive got it sorted and the kids are being dropped off at 11.30 so I'll be up in good time!

I was a bit urrr when they said they only had one left and its in silver but Im honestly glad I got it, I really like the look of it. 

looking forward to meeting pav, top offer of a nights shooting:thumbs:

cheers... mr wtf are you

JUST NEED THIS HOLIDAY SORTED AND  MY RIFLE CABINET IN PLACE

THEM IM GOING TO TRY FOR MY FAC AND SGC

AND IF I GET THEM IM HAVING AN IMPACT

AND IF NOT IM STILL HAVING ONE LOL

• Like 1

Mate, you've been ripped off ......... They've only sold you half a rifle - where's the wood bit? :laugh:

That does look like it means business :thumbs:

And, from what I read on some of the yank sites, they reckon 900fps is pretty much the magic number for an airgun pellet.

Enjoy it mate :good:

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Jonjon79 said:

Mate, you've been ripped off ......... They've only sold you half a rifle - where's the wood bit? :laugh:

And, from what I read on some of the yank sites, they reckon 900fps is pretty much the magic number for an airgun pellet.

JON YOU HAVE NO IDEA MATE HONEST 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, villaman said:

Very , Very nice Si I think you will love this gun . Try AA fields 25.4 gr I know people say they are the same as jsb but I can tell you they are different  by looks and most important group better as well .

With JSB at 100 yards I had a group about 27 mm but with AA fields  24 mm  Phil told me about these and Phil is spot on with his recommendations  

We need a FAC FX impact page now on this forum with the amount of us who have them .:laugh:

I am expecting my FAC FX crown .22  and my X barrel for the impact next week 

cheers Mitch :thumbs:

I pm'd pav..aka Alan to say thank you for the offer of a nights shooting and he's said exactly the same as you regarding the aa's over jsb's..

if there no good in this ill have to shoot them out of me catty and buy some aa's but hopefully the hype about this full liner is right and I'll be able to use all sorts?

I do like the look of them crowns in synthetic, strange how some thins just look better with the bonus of being a fair bit cheaper too...

I still like the idea of a wildcat but id only ever get a synthetic as there mint for roughing it. 

3 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

woods over rated jon... got me into loads of trouble thats why ive got loads of kids!!

just need to get out tomorrow and set it up, its windy as f tonight and keeps raining so im staying put:thumbs:

• Like 1