DavoH66

Vitamins and minerals

No matter what id allways think if my jack of all trades hunting dog needed supplements before running by that i mean things that dont help with recovery i wouldnt keep the dog.ive seen some dog given hellish stick and fed nothing more than wag and odd bit of cheap chicken or beef mince.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, C.green said:

No matter what id allways think if my jack of all trades hunting dog needed supplements before running by that i mean things that dont help with recovery i wouldnt keep the dog.ive seen some dog given hellish stick and fed nothing more than wag and odd bit of cheap chicken or beef mince.

Recover better wi the odd beans in um 

3 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Just quickly googled it

Screenshot_20180826-141740.jpg

That's a load of taiters mate tomato prevents cramps loads feed tomato juice sardines in tomato all sorts 

Not saying feed a Lot of beans a spoonful for a night out and same after 

They reckon onions kill dogs but that's sacks an all

this has been an interesting topic to read with so many different views, worming and fleas aside, I believe if a dog is getting a proper balanced diet for the work it is doing it should not need any thing else, if it does your making it do to much simple as that, but each to there own. talking of fleas iv'e had nightmares this year I am now trying diatomaceous earth does any one use this and how do you rate it.

7 hours ago, Black neck said:

Just out interest Ron how big do you need to be before you can put big in front of your name

Six foot six and twelve inches

26 minutes ago, two crows said:

this has been an interesting topic to read with so many different views, worming and fleas aside, I believe if a dog is getting a proper balanced diet for the work it is doing it should not need any thing else, if it does your making it do to much simple as that, but each to there own. talking of fleas iv'e had nightmares this year I am now trying diatomaceous earth does any one use this and how do you rate it.

Never used it on the dogs but it stopped red mite on the chickens in its tracks when all else had failed...cracking stuff imo atb Dave 

• Like 1

I was lucky over the years to be able to source good quality flesh at good prices. Nice variety too. Over the last 6 months or so the prices locally have been whacked up because of the popularity, some their places stopped supplying. Was gutted, loyal customer for years and suddenly I was stuck. Lately I’ve got mine on red mills Racer and chicken mince. Looks too top on it. Used to be dead against biscuits, was surprised at how well he looks

2 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Six foot six and twelve inches

Seven foot six then, tall but not big

2 hours ago, two crows said:

Got a terrier bitch here that is allergic to flea treatment (frontline liquid  etc) had some malenase wash from the vets, thought it was shit to be fair, so started using Damascus earth last few weeks, stopped her scratching like f**k all night and waking me up lol. Other Dogs get a little sprinkle over their food everyday. 

The old flea treatments have been on my mind lately. I have advocate from the vets and drontal for the worms. I googled advocate and you can buy the active ingredient on eBay.... it’s a pesticide. This has played on my mind about alternative methods. f***ing put so much effort into conditioning and the feeding and I willingly apply a pesticide to my dog every month