Vitamins and minerals

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No need for all the powders and potions if you feed a good mixed balanced diet 

Obviously parasites exist in nature, but when you look at how wild animals live, as opposed to domestic animals which are cooped up in the same place all the time, seeding the ground with worm eggs et

If you're running them that hard that a good diet isnt enough youre either not feeding as good as you think you are or you're giving the dog more work than its capable of taking.Either way that stuff

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, socks said:

Fukc me bill I thought you were pissed last night and just shouting off but your actually serious lol ... ok you want a straightener over an internet post lol ... tell you what bill I will let you know next time I'm passing through your way and you can see if you break sweat or not. 

Don't drink fella  packed that in decades ago like I say I will be going south this weekend short stop doesn't put me out 

I remember, years ago, (possibly when the methods of treating dogs for worm infestations were possibly a tad severe),..a noted Trainer of Racing and Coursing greyhounds remarked that more dogs have been done in and made ill, by constant repetitive worming, and fecked up by the process, often causing them far more harm than the worms ever did.?

Sometimes I think we can get a wee bit obsessed with all this worming lark...?

• Like 7
1 hour ago, C.green said:

Just because u aint seeing them doesnt mean they aint there. You feed fresh rabbit hare deer your dogs will get worms.

Lol Hence why i worm them every 4/6 weeks smart arse?and change the wormers, drontal, panucur paste etc.....other than venison i always freeze wild game for a minimum of 2 weeks..... Im almost 40 yr old and kept my own dogs since the age of 10,picking up their shit, feeding, walking and treating them after a hard day/night, i dont drink, gamble or live beyond my means, probably spend more on my dogs than most spend on their kids..... But thank you for the heads up lol??

11 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

I remember, years ago, (possibly when the methods of treating dogs for worm infestations were possibly a tad severe),..a noted Trainer of Racing and Coursing greyhounds remarked that more dogs have been done in and made ill, by constant repetitive worming, and fecked up by the process, often causing them far more harm than the worms ever did.?

Sometimes I think we can get a wee bit obsessed with all this worming lark...?

It's true that funny how some are more prone to harbouring them than some all those yrs ago they were wormed once and some never agai never stopped hem lasting a long and  successful working life ,they find there own natural dewormers  good take on that we don't think on how we had it and the old EPROMs blowing em out and the       Align                fa the mange all new chemical substances that got us where we are today I still preferred benzo ,fa mange allwYs plenty about more often than not one us had the scabies . Ate bill

I have to agree with Phil on this one. I do worm pups every month for the first six months of their lives, but after that I only worm once or twice a year. Never see any sign of worms unless they've scoffed a rabbit carcase they've found when out on exercise: guarantee to see tape worms after that, but I only feed meat that has been previously frozen. I know of people who follow a monthly worming programme, usually one of those spot on treatments that are supposed to kill all parasites internal and external, but I can't help thinking that dosing a dog with chemicals all the time can't do it any good, and may even  trigger some of the many diseases we see so often these days: cancers, auto immune diseases etc. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, skycat said:

I have to agree with Phil on this one. I do worm pups every month for the first six months of their lives, but after that I only worm once or twice a year. Never see any sign of worms unless they've scoffed a rabbit carcase they've found when out on exercise: guarantee to see tape worms after that, but I only feed meat that has been previously frozen. I know of people who follow a monthly worming programme, usually one of those spot on treatments that are supposed to kill all parasites internal and external, but I can't help thinking that dosing a dog with chemicals all the time can't do it any good, and may even  trigger some of the many diseases we see so often these days: cancers, auto immune diseases etc. 

It makes sense.

Where do auto immune conditions and cancers and the like come from? We live in a climate where we just accept such things as generally normal. Vaccinations are key and have a lot to do with it, just like in humans and especially children and young adults. The more we as humans get involved, the more problems manifest themselves, helpful when your trying to make millions out of the pet industry ?

Worms thrive in a carb rich environment,(filler in kibble etc)whereas they cannot multiply where raw meat is consumed. That obviously doesn't mean dogs on a raw diet won't catch worms, but just think of dogs and wolves in the wild, there not eating kibble that's for sure. 

The raw meat coupled with strong immune systems (ie no vaccinations) makes for a strong and healthy animal, likely to fight off most diseases and ailments it may encounter in life free from medical intervention.

• Like 4