A big thank you

I no there,s a fishing thread but many don't go there or care so I,ll put my little piece here for all to see, especially those who may be a bit new here and a bit apprehensive about meeting a load of strangers in the middle of no were, i certainly never had any intentions of going but after one or two people i,ve met asked me to attend I bit the bullet and threw my hat in the ring, I thought I was going fishing for 4 days and never had a clue what I was entering I was Ill  prepared having just thrown my fishing gear in the van and heading for Devon with DC who I'd met once before, everyone I met there was decent and I was treated well and made to feel comfortable, after the first night over a small Barbie and a few beers everyone had a chance to meet me and make up there own minds and I felt like I woke up amongst a group of mates in the morning,so I,d like to say a massive thanks to Kevin and his son for being great hosts and despite being an obviously very busy man he,s given up his own precious time to sort it all out, ken who I met once before and his man Friday dan for feeding us, to Johnny boy for being gentle with me and providing me a weekend of laughs,  DC for sharing the journey and the experience with me, to dyko,twobob, staffs riffraff,pile and waltjr just for being there and just being a great bunch of blokes that I,m looking forward to meeting again next year, thank you all and please forgive me if I,ve forgotten anyone's names, I,d also like to say a big thanks to arry for taking the time out on what was obviously a very busy weekend to come up and meet me in person a true gent, so for anyone that's been thinking about going even if you can't hold a rod, it don't matter you will be made welcome by a good bunch of lads and have a great weekend, thank you all ???

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Always a brilliant weekend with a top bunch of lads/lasses that go out of their way to make it happen ?its for a good cause, which imo is more important than egos lol, laughed all weekend at tinribs ripping old socks.... Johnny aka fagin got them kids well-versed?in the art of piss taking ?no excuses now for next yr, everyone is welcome, dont be shy, come along and introduce yourself, shout out to Arry, pleasure to of finally met you in person mate, drinks went down a treat?, hopefully next yr you jump on and fish ?massive thanks to kev and young finn for running us about and sorting the river on Saturday morning?and last but not least david his wife, mam and dad who kept us in cooked breakfasts....... Top of the range???

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

You were the champ in my eyes walt?but you have to be able to diversify techniques and tactics to pull it out the bag?im in talks to write up a manual on how to pull apart commercial fisheries...... First copy with 10 kilos of mainline the krill signed by me will be sent down to you?hopefully next yr you can bring kev with you, im sure tinribs will protect him from uncle Kenneth and he will feel welcome?as you found out yourself..... Its just about having a laugh and not about whos dogs the best?thank again to all those who made the effort???

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

Does the comp move around the country or is it always in the same place?

Has always been wherever the winner has chosen/comes from.... But this yr the venue we had was outstanding and more than willing to accommodate us again, theres statics sited there and tourers for those soft touches that dont want to rough it in a tent lol..... Good food, fully stocked shop(very reasonably priced) showers, toilets etc, close to local amenities and places to explore so plenty to go at, you dont have to be a flatout angler to enjoy the craic ? come show your faces and join  in, all money raised goes to charity, everyone clubs together to make it happen?really is worthmaking the effort ?

• Like 3

Don't go Tesco Express if you want beer lol go the "local" Sainsbury's (7 miles, 25 if Pils driving) it's a blast, full of fooking loonies ?

Nice to meet Arry, he should have stayed over, I'm sick of being the oldest cnut there ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, dytkos said:

Don't go Tesco Express if you want beer lol go the "local" Sainsbury's (7 miles, 25 if Pils driving) it's a blast, full of fooking loonies ?

Nice to meet Arry, he should have stayed over, I'm sick of being the oldest cnut there ?

Cheers, D.

Mate I would have loved to have stayed over could tell there was a good craic, but as I said I sneaked off from the family do I was at, not to deep in the shit when I got back. I will do my best to be the oldest next year Lol.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 5