Puppy wanted

Going to be looking for a coursing bred puppy in the winter to join my team, wanting something that gets up on em quick and gets the job done as the land I run isn’t massive so needs early rather than lungs like dinner plates, if anybody knows of any planned breeding coming up in winter I would appreciate any info cheers

Edited by Lurcherdog96

3 hours ago, DavoH66 said:

Can not beat a good coursing pup ano where the might be a few what line you looking for pal 

Tbh with you mate I ain’t up on all the lines and that I’m just wanting something that can do the job quick something with a good bit of pace but brains with it

44 minutes ago, Lurcherdog96 said:

Tbh with you mate I ain’t up on all the lines and that I’m just wanting something that can do the job quick something with a good bit of pace but brains with it

not sure if  you get that type of dog with coursing type dogs, i always get the feeling  when you hear or watch  most vids of these type dogs, they course   3 or more mins on the quarry , where stamina  seems bit more important  than speed in these type dogs,thats what there renown  for . not saying  you dont get quick striking  dogs, as you prob do, but on average wouldn't think you do . maybe  get  coursing dog  x back to  whippet x grey  type dog, this be more quick killing type dog you be after. prob coursing lads   know alot more than me lol, just a thought  .!

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, bird said:

not sure if  you get that type of dog with coursing type dogs, i always get the feeling  when you hear or watch  most vids of these type dogs, they course   3 or more mins on the quarry , where stamina  seems bit more important  than speed in these type dogs,thats what there renown  for . not saying  you dont get quick striking  dogs, as you prob do, but on average wouldn't think you do . maybe  get  coursing dog  x back to  whippet x grey  type dog, this be more quick killing type dog you be after. prob coursing lads   know alot more than me lol, just a thought  .!

Think it all depends on what land the dogs are running mate 

1 minute ago, Lurcherdog96 said:

Think it all depends on what land the dogs are running mate 

yeh very true  , if small  type fields   then  the x i said  above , that type would be up at 'um  quick   whippet x grey x  coursing dog fit the bill, that what i look for, and it  make good lamping dog as well   fast/ agile t with good wind  soon fill the bag  deff .

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Lurcherdog96 said:

You get a well bred coursing type it will have all that pal ... but don’t go for something with a lot of pure saluki on both sides and you should be fine 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, DavoH66 said:

You get a well bred coursing type it will have all that pal ... but don’t go for something with a lot of pure saluki on both sides and you should be fine 

Cheers for the advice mate, if you hear of any good breeding coming up I’d really appreciate if you let me know 

15 hours ago, bird said:

The saluki lurchers like a run brought to an end as soon as they get within striking distance, the same as any other cross, when you're talking about courses going on for a few minutes it takes a dog that's got the engine and the gameness to go on, you're right though something like a working whippet, or a grew crossed with a saluki lurcher would fit the bill for the smaller land

the fast type saluki lurcher will learn to run any land and will know instinctively when it needs to get its finger out, buy from fast parents, avoid feathered, wooly, and tall rangy looking ones, nothing wrong with any of these, but if your looking for a fast one it will help avoid disappointment, as the slower steyers tend to come more from these types.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, two crows said:

the fast type saluki lurcher will learn to run any land and will know instinctively when it needs to get its finger out, buy from fast parents, avoid feathered, wooly, and tall rangy looking ones, nothing wrong with any of these, but if your looking for a fast one it will help avoid disappointment, as the slower steyers tend to come more from these types.

Thanks for the advice mate