Garmin Astro 320

29 minutes ago, C.green said:

I was going to buy a garmin or sportdog set but the thing that put me off is im not sure i want the map facilities just a compass would do me fine. 

You don’t have to have the maps, mine didn’t come with the maps I bought sd card as they are very handy at times.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A Dogtrace x20 is a fantastic tracker at half the price, does 9 dogs up to 20km. Has a fence function and motion detector. The motion detection radius can be set to varying distances so say your hound

How do you lose a gps tracker? ?

Been looking into getting one of these?cheers for the info?

• 1 month later...
On 27/08/2018 at 10:15, RTurlough said:

A Dogtrace x20 is a fantastic tracker at half the price, does 9 dogs up to 20km. Has a fence function and motion detector. The motion detection radius can be set to varying distances so say your hound is on a fox set which has a 20m radius the handset will omit a beep and vibration so you know a fox has went to ground. You can also change the time a dog is motionless before your handset beeps and vibrates so you know for definite your dog is spending considerable time in one spot.

Dogtrace have got this so right for the hunter.

Looking at purchasing one of these but a question i have is what happens when the pack has split? Is there just 9 arrows pointing all shapes with the nearest distsnce or is each collar shown with its own arrow and distance. 

Cheers.

28 minutes ago, Username forgotten said:

Looking at purchasing one of these but a question i have is what happens when the pack has split? Is there just 9 arrows pointing all shapes with the nearest distsnce or is each collar shown with its own arrow and distance. 

Cheers.

You choose wich collar you wsmt to track.

Iv got the tek1 as the tek 2 wasn’t out then. What put me off the garmin is the messing about if they need repairing. My mate sent his set off for repairing and they wouldn’t send him it back. And it’s hard to find a sett for sale. Haven’t had a problem with the tek 1 apart from loosing my handheld box ? so had to buy a new one. There worth there weight in gold though. I’d like to have maps on it though like some of the garmins. And the dog trace I don’t even look at it. Dint like the look of it

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, bunnyboiler said:

What would you say is a negative with the Garmin mate ?

The messing about that comes with it. Though if your lucky enough to buy a set that works without paying over the odds thats probably the better one of the lot

1 hour ago, C.green said:

The messing about that comes with it. Though if your lucky enough to buy a set that works without paying over the odds thats probably the better one of the lot

Ain’t no messing with mine. If you buy them from proper place won’t have no issues. Which one do you own?

13 minutes ago, Boristheblade said:

Ain’t no messing with mine. If you buy them from proper place won’t have no issues. Which one do you own?

But your paying import tax amd what not ? I dont own any now but when i needed one on the dog the dogtrace done job fine few lads i let borrow it said the same.

18 minutes ago, C.green said:

But your paying import tax amd what not ? I dont own any now but when i needed one on the dog the dogtrace done job fine few lads i let borrow it said the same.

£29 import tax hardly breaking the bank. Have you actually owned the dog trace one? Looks like a kids toy to me