Garmin Astro 320

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A Dogtrace x20 is a fantastic tracker at half the price, does 9 dogs up to 20km. Has a fence function and motion detector. The motion detection radius can be set to varying distances so say your hound

How do you lose a gps tracker? ?

Been looking into getting one of these?cheers for the info?

A Dogtrace x20 is a fantastic tracker at half the price, does 9 dogs up to 20km. Has a fence function and motion detector. The motion detection radius can be set to varying distances so say your hound is on a fox set which has a 20m radius the handset will omit a beep and vibration so you know a fox has went to ground. You can also change the time a dog is motionless before your handset beeps and vibrates so you know for definite your dog is spending considerable time in one spot.

Dogtrace have got this so right for the hunter.

Edited by RTurlough
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, RTurlough said:

A Dogtrace x20 is a fantastic tracker at half the price, does 9 dogs up to 20km. Has a fence function and motion detector. The motion detection radius can be set to varying distances so say your hound is on a fox set which has a 20m radius the handset will omit a beep and vibration so you know a fox has went to ground. You can also change the time a dog is motionless before your handset beeps and vibrates so you know for definite your dog is spending considerable time in one spot.

Dogtrace have got this so right for the hunter.

Been looking into getting one of these?cheers for the info?

• Like 1

I use a dogtrace. Cant work out how to use half the stuff on it lol i just use it to point to my dog so far has never let me down but has had the odd funny reading now and then isnt properly on point either but its paid for itself a good few times over.

When you get to use all the features its first class.

The collar used gps to get a location. So does the box, but the collar talks to the box using radio signal.  If you get a funny reading do a quick 30sec calibration. Other than that it is some of the radio signal bouncing of really dense cover.  It searches every 3 seconds (collar transmitting to box) so the funny signal won t last long.

Battery life (rechargeable) lasts 40 hours.

Pretty good kit.

Edited by RTurlough

Are you the salesmen lol ? Because the feller that sold me mine sounded very similar ? like i say wouldnt be without it now paid for itself many times over but id like it to let me know when a dog stops moving for any amount of time.

And i think one thing most trackers are lacking is a button of some sort on the colksr so the handset mskes a noise or flashes. Had an awkward situation the other day dog away on gear n tracker had fallen out me pocket in some cover.

12 hours ago, RTurlough said:

When you get to use all the features its first class.

The collar used gps to get a location. So does the box, but the collar talks to the box using radio signal.  If you get a funny reading do a quick 30sec calibration. Other than that it is some of the radio signal bouncing of really dense cover.  It searches every 3 seconds (collar transmitting to box) so the funny signal won t last long.

Battery life (rechargeable) lasts 40 hours.

Pretty good kit.

Don’t sound very clever to me, I use Garmin and it never has no funny signal. That 30 secs could be very frustrating when in some situations, il stick with the Garmin. 

You know what they say about buying cheap shit ?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Boristheblade said:

Don’t sound very clever to me, I use Garmin and it never has no funny signal. That 30 secs could be very frustrating when in some situations, il stick with the Garmin. 

You know what they say about buying cheap shit ?

I was going to buy a garmin or sportdog set but the thing that put me off is im not sure i want the map facilities just a compass would do me fine.