BBC Final Score

1 hour ago, eastcoast said:

As long as the person is competent then I don't have a problem. It just seems to me that competent people have been replaced by less competent people for the wrong reasons. But I do admit that I find women's voices annoying at times, most particularly when they get excited and go higher and higher pitched for example during  important moments of a sporting contest. And get player's names wrong and show a basic lack of understanding of the rules. Then I question the reason for their original and continued employment.

If they have a female commentator, as I heard recently, who didn't know is the difference between a leg spinner and a leg break bowler, it's a poor state of affairs !

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fukcing gives me goose pimples .....    

Bagpipes are fantastic I love them ... there’s no better sound than the pipes and drums ??? 

How come most of the football match commentators on the BBC are now female? I truly believe that all discrimination is bad and have no problem with a women doing that job but how has it came about. Mo

The woman pundit during the world cup I thought was great . Can't remember her name , was a woman footballer before punditry.  

As for the men , their is a small amount of them I consider good at their jobs , a lot of them are just there because their ex pros and that's it . Phil Neville (who during the WC forgot Uruguay won the tournament 2times ), Jermain jenas, Martin keown , Owen Hargreaves , Alan shearer , Robbie savage , Danny Murphy , Michael Owen , glen hoddle , are all really weak pundits in my opinion and I'd rather turn off than listen to them . Lots of shit pundits so let's not pretend females lower the quality 

12 hours ago, Meece said:

What you'd  rather  go back to bob wilson and jimmy hill ?

no but, womens game of football  alot differnt than mens  , it slow for a start , less skillful , because its slower , mens done at  more speed / power so have to  incorporate  more  skill . it this reason i dont go for female  presenters  , as they  look at the game differnt, even if there watching  a live game  in front of them played by 22 men .!!

17 hours ago, Meece said:

What you'd  rather  go back to bob wilson and jimmy hill ?

4 hours ago, bird said:

no but, womens game of football  alot differnt than mens  , it slow for a start , less skillful , because its slower , mens done at  more speed / power so have to  incorporate  more  skill . it this reason i dont go for female  presenters  , as they  look at the game differnt, even if there watching  a live game  in front of them played by 22 men .!!

It's all done for sport and entertainment . ???

And I suppose that you think that we should return to the gold standard ?  Mr cholmondly warner seems to think so. His Mrs on the other hand thinks that the pound should be allowed to float and find its own value. Still she does know about embroidery and kittens. Women know your limits. ??????

And as far as driving a car. .....

The foreign commentators are crazy our women are right on the ball.  Would you prefer some of these commentators 

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, bell said:

Maybe I’m old fashioned but some things just aint right......and women commentating on football games with their squeaky voices is one of them......if it ain’t broken .....

yeah i just fckn hate that gary neville also

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 19/08/2018 at 08:16, Welsh_red said:

The woman pundit during the world cup I thought was great . Can't remember her name , was a woman footballer before punditry.  

As for the men , their is a small amount of them I consider good at their jobs , a lot of them are just there because their ex pros and that's it . Phil Neville (who during the WC forgot Uruguay won the tournament 2times ), Jermain jenas, Martin keown , Owen Hargreaves , Alan shearer , Robbie savage , Danny Murphy , Michael Owen , glen hoddle , are all really weak pundits in my opinion and I'd rather turn off than listen to them . Lots of shit pundits so let's not pretend females lower the quality 

Got to argue with that , I love when Shearer is a pundit . The man comes across very well. 

I like keown , Murphy and hoddle. Proper football men who know the idiosyncratic nature of the game very well. 

Savage is good banter on the radio . 

Fwrdinand breaks me. I can’t stick the c**t. Sneaky two faced cheating c**t whose poor wife has been used to cannonise him. 

Wonder what Keane really thinks about him ? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Got to argue with that , I love when Shearer is a pundit . The man comes across very well. 

I like keown , Murphy and hoddle. Proper football men who know the idiosyncratic nature of the game very well. 

Savage is good banter on the radio . 

Fwrdinand breaks me. I can’t stick the c**t. Sneaky two faced cheating c**t whose poor wife has been used to cannonise him. 

Wonder what Keane really thinks about him ? 

100%  regards   rio ferdinand  , used his wife   to get back on the telly, same as he tried to do the boxing thing  as well , he lying  sly   halfcast  , he never fooled me and prob  75% of the public. i like   shearer  , speaks the truth regards the game , even though he was dirty fecker in the game he soon take your legs from under you , but he was 1st class at taking pens   .

One of the greatest things that has happened to this great country is the emancipation of women.  But some things do look odd and i have difficulties with such as women playing  The saxophone or bagpipes. Cant stand the bagpipes anyway. The person that invented bagpipes should  have been shot.

• 1 month later...

Just watching Football Focus and listening to some English woman give her opinion on Scotland’s current woes stating it’s from playing 3 at the back to accomodate their 2 ‘best’ players who are both natural LB’s. Fair enough, but I wouldn’t mind betting that she has never actually watched a Scotland game in her life, never mind any recent games and couldn’t pick out most of the squad in a line up. Now she could be forgiven for that, but then why the fcuk am I paying (via licence fee) for her to give me her opinion.., one she’s either read elsewhere or been primed to give. The BBC has lost the fcukin plot and should be abolished!

On 20/08/2018 at 21:09, Meece said:

One of the greatest things that has happened to this great country is the emancipation of women.  But some things do look odd and i have difficulties with such as women playing  The saxophone or bagpipes. Cant stand the bagpipes anyway. The person that invented bagpipes should  have been shot.

Bagpipes occupy that no man's land between a sound and a noise.

I'm half-Scottish and I can't stand them !