BBC Final Score

How come most of the football match commentators on the BBC are now female? I truly believe that all discrimination is bad and have no problem with a women doing that job but how has it came about. Most of the men who used to do it seem to have lost their jobs. The people who were deemed to be better suited just happen to be female. Strange that. Personally I find most the voices of the majority of these lasses rather annoying.  Having said that I find  Alex Scott to be one of the most knowledgeable and watchable of the pundits. Gender should not enter into it, but I think that the BBC are guilty of a bit of "positive discrimination" here.

Edited by eastcoast
had not finished
  • Like 3

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fukcing gives me goose pimples .....    

Bagpipes are fantastic I love them ... there’s no better sound than the pipes and drums ??? 

How come most of the football match commentators on the BBC are now female? I truly believe that all discrimination is bad and have no problem with a women doing that job but how has it came about. Mo

12 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Sex Appeal Sells mate' that's the top and bottom of it.

As you say it should be the most knowledgable who get the gig no matter what the gender.

If sex appeal sell's why did they use the black chelsea and england womens captain i think called ego eckalo.f**k me.

1 hour ago, eastcoast said:

How come most of the football match commentators on the BBC are now female? I truly believe that all discrimination is bad and have no problem with a women doing that job but how has it came about. Most of the men who used to do it seem to have lost their jobs. The people who were deemed to be better suited just happen to be female. Strange that. Personally I find most the voices of the majority of these lasses rather annoying.  Having said that I find  Alex Scott to be one of the most knowledgeable and watchable of the pundits. Gender should not enter into it, but I think that the BBC are guilty of a bit of "positive discrimination" here.

Funny you should say that , I was over at my mates earlier and we both mentioned the same thing with soccer Saturday on sky when they were doing outside reports , it seemed like it was women doing most of the reports 

2 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

It's not a lot better on the cricket side of things - women creeping into the commentary box.................is nothing sacred anymore ?

As long as the person is competent then I don't have a problem. It just seems to me that competent people have been replaced by less competent people for the wrong reasons. But I do admit that I find women's voices annoying at times, most particularly when they get excited and go higher and higher pitched for example during  important moments of a sporting contest. And get player's names wrong and show a basic lack of understanding of the rules. Then I question the reason for their original and continued employment.

I've never had problem watching Gabby. Despite the fact she's a woman, and a bonny one IMO, never entered the equation. She is knowledgeable, articulate and a competent presenter. The fact that she is also a Newcastle United fan does not sway my opinion in any way.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, bell said:

Maybe I’m old fashioned but some things just aint right......and women commentating on football games with their squeaky voices is one of them......if it ain’t broken .....

I suppose that was I was trying to say. It wasn't broken but needed to be changed in the opinion of those who feel the need to educate and guide us. Now it is broken, in regard to my enjoyment of watching these programmes. And some blokes have lost their jobs in the process of our higher enlightenment by our self appointed betters.