• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its no about the animal now its all about making money with vets these days 

It is excessive get your sen a stapler 

They Rip the piss for insured dogs 

That's like my bitch said we are no sure needs a MRI scan £1500  i said no chance they said she cant walk then we will put her down she walked out of there the next morning . We changed from avets i liked to a veterinarian  hospital  now its all spotty faced youngsters just starting out you never see the same vet twice there reading the notes trying to play catch up . I told them i wont be back 

• Like 2

To be honest I've never seen the need for the vets or GP's for that matter. Generally they cause more harm than good. Mis information, mis diagnosis, etc etc. Some may be sincere and want to help of course, but that pales into insignificance compared to organisations as a whole. It's big business and the results of it show due to the general health of animals and people today for that matter. It's a scam.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Coombefield vets in devon wouldn't give me a refund for telling me my dog had kennel cough when infact she had a diagramtic hernia.poor bitch was like that for a week before being pts.

used to use them way back ! but started using one when we were away on holiday up scotland before we moved ,theyr just geared up for taking money  off the blow ins retiring down there ! ALWAYS A DIFFERENT FACE and poor advice .

• Like 1
On 18/08/2018 at 11:50, The one said:

we are no sure needs a MRI scan £1500 

How much?!? Here in Thailand I was quoted 230 quid for a full MRI chest scan for myself. Sure, the cost of labour, rates, etc, is higher in the UK, but not 6 times higher. An MRI machine costs the same wherever it is. £1500 is an outrageous price.

On 18/08/2018 at 14:56, devon flighter said:

used to use them way back ! but started using one when we were away on holiday up scotland before we moved ,theyr just geared up for taking money  off the blow ins retiring down there ! ALWAYS A DIFFERENT FACE and poor advice .

I always heard good things about them when G.G had it but since he left its just become another high street vet.staffed by just graduated vets by the look of it.

in fairness to high street vets though.when my dog had a massive infection a high street vet i used was fantastic.

• Like 1

My Lurcher bitch needed an emergency c section few yrs back, i was at work so mrs rang the vets.... Quoted her £600 on the phone, she was in a panic, took the bitch there for the procedure..... Bitch had 9 pups dead inside her(apparently) rang me up told me bitch is doing fine and theres 3 healthy pups, 1 bitch 2 dogs, i went to collect the bitch, she was spayed without my consent, told me she was in a bad way and it had to be done..... Bit my tongue..... Gave me the bitch and brought out the pups, nurse then asked me what i was doing with the pups, told them id be giving them to trusted lads..... Cheeky cnut turned around and said 'the vet would like this pup if your giving them away' i asked what i owed them and was told £1220?told the nurse knock £500 off the bill you can have it....... Didn't look happy, ended up back at the vets few weeks later as smallest dog pup wasnt right, they put it on a drip, where it died 6 days later and charged me another £480?‍♂️i lost my temper told the cnuts they get £50 a month from me take it or leave it...... Begrudgingly i payed the money off in instalments..... Changed vets now and touch wood the owner understands about working dogs and is genuinely interested in their wellbeing and doesnt judge me for working them..... Most not all are only interested in how much they can sting you for....... And not thr welfare of said animal ?

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

My Lurcher bitch needed an emergency c section few yrs back, i was at work so mrs rang the vets.... Quoted her £600 on the phone, she was in a panic, took the bitch there for the procedure..... Bitch had 9 pups dead inside her(apparently) rang me up told me bitch is doing fine and theres 3 healthy pups, 1 bitch 2 dogs, i went to collect the bitch, she was spayed without my consent, told me she was in a bad way and it had to be done..... Bit my tongue..... Gave me the bitch and brought out the pups, nurse then asked me what i was doing with the pups, told them id be giving them to trusted lads..... Cheeky cnut turned around and said 'the vet would like this pup if your giving them away' i asked what i owed them and was told £1220?told the nurse knock £500 off the bill you can have it....... Didn't look happy, ended up back at the vets few weeks later as smallest dog pup wasnt right, they put it on a drip, where it died 6 days later and charged me another £480?‍♂️i lost my temper told the cnuts they get £50 a month from me take it or leave it...... Begrudgingly i payed the money off in instalments..... Changed vets now and touch wood the owner understands about working dogs and is genuinely interested in their wellbeing and doesnt judge me for working them..... Most not all are only interested in how much they can sting you for....... And not thr welfare of said animal ?

Who you with now Dan , Drybridge ? I thought it I recognised waiting room when you put a pic up of having pup jabbed 

I really think that someone should set up an Independent Working Dog Vet Comparison site. It'd have to be well thought out so it makes valid and fair comparisons and presents the info clearly if enough of the fieldsports community are to use it so as to make it worthwhile but I think it'd really benefit us all. It'd force market competition and direct us, as customers, to the more sympathetic and understanding vets. Equally vets that want to tap into the fieldsports community as a market would be able to tailor their services to our requirements.

At the very least 'we' want to know which vets are going to be understanding and accepting of dog work so we can get our dogs the vet care they sometimes need.

• Like 3