• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its no about the animal now its all about making money with vets these days 

It is excessive get your sen a stapler 

They Rip the piss for insured dogs 

2 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Coombefield vets in devon wouldn't give me a refund for telling me my dog had kennel cough when infact she had a diagramtic hernia.poor bitch was like that for a week before being pts.

Remember that bad do it was

• Like 1

They should all be set prices, and if they get it wrong they should have to refund.

Mates bitch skinned herself on boxing day one year it was a bad one across her back. The vet we normally use was out the country so had to take her to a franchised place up the road, some young girl who looked shocked at sight stitched her up. She ended up with a bad infection so went to regular vet told him what had happened he then sent an email to pet doctor place because wound was full of crap.

He treated her for free and there were quite a few visits and my mate didn't pay a thing.

I think he must have counter charged the other vet practice.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Shortstraw said:

Lurcher had a skin tear to lower chest....4 inch long.......eight stitches needed and a follow up appointment.

I believe it wasn't from barb wire.....given our location on walk more likely end of a old dry branch or something.

So have a guess at price.......

Dry bummed til midnight ?

2 hours ago, nothernlite said:

They Rip the piss for insured dogs 

Too fecking right.  My boy now over £5k- no problem not my money.  But should have been referred for hydrotherapy 6 weeks ago, their money sorted, no referral. Did a great job fixing him up but set him back months not sorting referral. No money in it for them once he's out of there. ?

7 minutes ago, stormyboy said:

Too fecking right.  My boy now over £5k- no problem not my money.  But should have been referred for hydrotherapy 6 weeks ago, their money sorted, no referral. Did a great job fixing him up but set him back months not sorting referral. No money in it for them once he's out of there. ?

What wrong wi him

2 hours ago, Black neck said:

Mate of mine took a spaniel bitch pup in summat wrong wi it's guts operation 3 and half grand he told them to put it down they looked shocked then came back with a quote 600 

got a mate   who got a  2 year old  Boerbol   bitch  , it bloody massive thing 10st  , it both knees are fooked  , it had one OP on the one knee  £ 3000, he got Insurance   so that done that one  , got to have the other one done in jan, so it cost him £ 6000 quid to get the dog put right. Dont get wrong it great dog, and great guard dog , but fook me  i couldnt pay that amount of money for a dog.  i rather get a gsd x  collie  type from a  farm   , scrap yard , a tough old x bred   be healthy , and  prob only pay £ 60 quid at the vet once a year for a  jab , and that  be it. some people got money to throw  away deff lol  

• Like 2

My mrs mate has a boxer it's 14 vet charged her 14 hundred a couple of weeks ago for an operation then today they said the dog only has a few days left should of pts weeks ago but the cnuts no how to pull on people's heartstrings 

Edited by peterhunter86