old age pensioners

why I now keep my front door locked,the wife and daughter went for some shopping tonight I was in the bath I thought I heard the front door open so I shouted is that you 2 back no answere quickly jumped out of bath threw some shorts on and come down stairs front dood was open a bot I opened sitting room door the old lady 2 doors down was sitting on the setee ,she said where is my tea I said you don't live hear dear she said I do she has alseymers and is 86 ,she would not have it she did not live here I phoned the wife and she come home and sorted her out ,we all have to get old and living on your own like that must be horrible,the wife took her home and made her tea I ve a feeling we will be seeing her again

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old age comes to us all, a few months back, I was a fit and happy bloke thanks to my lifestyle with my dogs n ferrets, out every day no matter what the weather, but all that has come to an abrupt end,

Its heartbreaking for close family of those suffering from dementia its also a hard demanding energy sapping job for the dedicated carers who look after them .It mind sound harsh but my wife who cares

Isn't it sad and discussing how our old are treated I mean the government cut the Shiite out of the funds that help them after taxing them their whole working lives they just worked to survive and whe

Your on a hunting/shooting site and you are on your own alone in the bath and the door ain't locked and some old granny wanders in !! If you have weapons in the house !!!  she only wandered in for a big sausage sandwich for her tea. 

56 minutes ago, j j m said:

why I now keep my front door locked,the wife and daughter went for some shopping tonight I was in the bath I thought I heard the front door open so I shouted is that you 2 back no answere quickly jumped out of bath threw some shorts on and come down stairs front dood was open a bot I opened sitting room door the old lady 2 doors down was sitting on the setee ,she said where is my tea I said you don't live hear dear she said I do she has alseymers and is 86 ,she would not have it she did not live here I phoned the wife and she come home and sorted her out ,we all have to get old and living on your own like that must be horrible,the wife took her home and made her tea I ve a feeling we will be seeing her again

My nan lives on a sheltered estate and a few of them do it regular, heartbreaking

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, j j m said:

your mrs is very good woman , look after her   mate, its a twat getting older  more bloody pains/aches   to contend with , everything stops working propley .But my wife  tonight put me right , i was moaning about being 66 , and hard of hearing  etc, she said, cast your mind back to a mate i knew when i was in me mid 20s , the poor fecker died of cancer  at 28 , she said  your lucky your fit/strong for your age ,  your mate never made past 28 Being honest is shut me up right away . It is shame when they get alseymers  , my uncle had it at 78   he didnt know his wife  feckin shame  , me dad made 86 , but cancer of the gut got him in the end, but both had long lives really .

18 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

My nan lives on a sheltered estate and a few of them do it regular, heartbreaking

A woman up the road does it. Unfortunately she got some sort of urine infection and it did something to her head. She wanders around any house and If the door is open she mooches on in and makes herself at home. In one instance she took a small child off to the playground swings ! The mother was frantic when she couldn't find the child. No harm done though.

Just now, Meece said:

A woman up the road does it. Unfortunately she got some sort of urine infection and it did something to her head. She wanders around any house and If the door is open she mooches on in and makes herself at home. In one instance she took a small child off to the playground swings ! The mother was frantic when she couldn't find the child. No harm done though.

This time !  

16 minutes ago, bird said:

your mrs is very good woman , look after her   mate, its a twat getting older  more bloody pains/aches   to contend with , everything stops working propley .But my wife  tonight put me right , i was moaning about being 66 , and hard of hearing  etc, she said, cast your mind back to a mate i knew when i was in me mid 20s , the poor fecker died of cancer  at 28 , she said  your lucky your fit/strong for your age ,  your mate never made past 28 Being honest is shut me up right away . It is shame when they get alseymers  , my uncle had it at 78   he didnt know his wife  feckin shame  , me dad made 86 , but cancer of the gut got him in the end, but both had long lives really .

Same age as me , deaf as a fcuking post , aches and pains in places I never knew I had and turning into a miserable old cnut , one of the hearing aids packed up last week ( £3000worth ) talk about p1ssed off I’ve been like a bear with a sore head all week , got it back today thank fcuk ..hope someone puts me down if I start rolling up in peoples houses looking for a bit of scran ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

my mother in law has stage 3 alzheimers ,,shes very hard work at times  ,,she had a tough life with a prick off a husband ,,and now this ,we have her up now and again every week but she gets up if shes alone in the room for any short time and walks out the door ,the wife went to make her tea one day and when she returned she was gone .lol your never sure she will go home either so you need to find her and drop her to her house ..the doctors say shes not bad enough to be needing full time care ,so we got to keep a close eye on her

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, The one said:

Theres little help for old folk these days its more care in the community if you cant afford £1000 of pounds to be cared for in your old age 

Hope I can last out till,I’ve spent ever tanner I’ve got , they might just slot me then instead of looking after me .being in .an old people’s home is my nightmare .

• Like 1

well theres enough decent neighbours to help her out,its sad to see some one like this she can tell you her full life story but she cant remember what she done yesterday ,she cant remember names or people my wife trys her best as does another neighbour to make sure she has regular meals ,but she gets up soon and goes out all day social services don't want to know they say she is fit and active its only alseymers she has ,fu,ks sake only that she has no idea what she is doing ,why do people like this not get the help they deserve,the system fails them she worked all her life paid her taxes her husband dies and she is left to fend for her self with her illness,we don't look after our own if she was from another country she would get the best care it pis,es me off

• Like 3