The value of letting a pup be a pup

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

My four year old from the backseat the of the car....we're waiting at the lights to turn right. 

Him: 'Daddy, why don't you like the builders?

Me. 'Oh, it's not I don't like them, they're a bit messy maybe and I don't like the way they...

Him...interrupting: "Is it because they're a pack of f*cking cowboys?

His 6 year old brother in the other back seat...bouncing with glee and pointing: 'Daddy! Daddy! Doozie used the F word! Doozie used the F word!'

Little bugger s ain't they lol

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dogs are like kids - they mature at different ages. With kids, you get parents wanting them do do this or that at 3 or 4 years old. and they becomr absolutely distraught if Johnny next door is tying h

Always force a pup to do everything it doesn't want to do mate. I've posted some very interesting training methods, on previous threads. If you do a search you'll find them

It's easy to show a sapling to much work  This pup was very keen this morning but gibbed after trying to tackle Marley in number

Posted Images

On 18/08/2018 at 10:17, forest of dean redneck said:

My eldest boy (13) was face timing me ,went upstairs to show his brothers and the 12 yr old looked up and said get out my f**king room , so their picking up bad habits in the 3 weeks  I’ve left  ?

On 19/08/2018 at 16:35, Black neck said:

Best a word wi mushroom 

Easily fixed is bad language ;)

A swift size 10 to their balls and when they lean over in pain, a simple drop elbow to the back of the head. When the kid wakes up, it should find a shock collar wired to the mains firmly locked around it's neck.... give them a few seconds to come round and then switch it on. Fixed my 3 year olds language in just one session.

Ps don't let anyone find out you are doing this sort of training... social services the cnuts that they are don't approve of the newest and latest techniques ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
33 minutes ago, mushroom said:

A swift size 10 to their balls and when they lean over in pain, a simple drop elbow to the back of the head. When the kid wakes up, it should find a shock collar wired to the mains firmly locked around it's neck.... give them a few seconds to come round and then switch it on. Fixed my 3 year olds language in just one session.

Ps don't let anyone find out you are doing this sort of training... social services the cnuts that they are don't approve of the newest and latest techniques ;)

I'm a size 11 

Will it still work?

11 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I'm a size 11 

Will it still work?

If you curl your toes up, then yes..... you should be ok.

Remember the little b*****ds can still be a bit bony around the nuts, so mind you don't hurt your toes mate ;)

Separate the retrieve from the recall,

Retrieve should come from a bite and carry

If pups name is used in recall and retrieve, any ignored recall given will bleed into the retrieve and visaversa any reluctant retrieve will degrade recall 

for recall get a nose touch to the palm of your left hand , for a retrieve get down on your hunkers and get body contact with object still in pups mouth, don’t take the object,  get it to walk and carry for a short time , stop and reward , it’s the carry of a prized item in your space for the pup  thats the pay off , that’s the feel good factor you won’t get with taking a dummy  too soon  

get the pup carrying and use that point to start the retrieve , no commands or snatching dummy 

static body of owner causes resistance for pup , moving alongside owner is mirroring behavior , movement holds potential in the pups mind , static means having to go back down through the gears, and that’s not easy for a pup 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, mushroom said:

Kids these days probably put a cap in your ass,but good idea.