Sharptooth

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That it is, but a few irish men on here will know what the axe head is and have it in there tool kit.. for shale, roots, normal soil or any substrate for that matter.. well put together, heavy.. but not too heavy.. good handle and none of this 6ft shaft stuff..  this along with 2 good shovels will dig most places.. tried and tested...

• Like 1
5 hours ago, stop.end said:

That it is, but a few irish men on here will know what the axe head is and have it in there tool kit.. for shale, roots, normal soil or any substrate for that matter.. well put together, heavy.. but not too heavy.. good handle and none of this 6ft shaft stuff..  this along with 2 good shovels will dig most places.. tried and tested...

Mattock? If that’s what your on about it’s for different ground and plenty of the englishlads use them ?. I often have use for the mattock and it’s great for levelling off a dig on a steep incline and working around roots and cutting, but it wouldn’t be used for the job of a sharptooth. Your right in saying a mattock and a shovel will dig most places, most but not all. There’s some places where you need the weight of a 6ft bar to break the ground up and having one will take hours off of a dig.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, stop.end said:

It's a tool alright that's always in the back of the jeep but I do think now that if you carry the sharptoooth and couple round mouth spades you can go anywhere and get through any ground

18 hours ago, rob284 said:

Mattock? If that’s what your on about it’s for different ground and plenty of the englishlads use them ?. I often have use for the mattock and it’s great for levelling off a dig on a steep incline and working around roots and cutting, but it wouldn’t be used for the job of a sharptooth. Your right in saying a mattock and a shovel will dig most places, most but not all. There’s some places where you need the weight of a 6ft bar to break the ground up and having one will take hours off of a dig

If I had of meant mattock I would have said mattock?.... I said a few men would know.. 

• Haha 2