Cockers

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some recent pictures of my two mum and daughter.

Nice pups them mate,  I got my cocker pup a few weeks ago, she gets second inoculation today, cant wait to start taking her out, she is a quick learner and in the 20 days since weve had her she i

My first spaniel and I’m glad I ended up with this lad rather than a springer. He’s two and a half now, loosing that puppy exuberance and settling into his work as a rough shooting and beating dog. Su

Posted Images

On 15/09/2018 at 23:28, The one said:

Ive always had springers but even they seem to be getting smaller so i see no reason why a cocker cant cope unless its rretrieving a really big hare or goose 

I’ve a young springer bitch witch is small cocker size,she was a gun dog up until I got her so just trying get her going the way I want her now,squirrels/bunny’s/fox 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I took the pup pigeon shooting for a couple of hours on sunday, first thing she did was try and grab the worly lol, then pick the ones off the cradles, but after a while she was sitting in the hide loose and only going out with me to pick up, so another few trips she may make a handy pigeon dog as well, happy days.

• 1 month later...
On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 00:20, Who let the dogs out! said:

Keep the thread posted mate defo be interested if a litter comes about ?

mated the little black and tan bitch today to the black dog I been watching so fingers crossed

• Like 3
On 07/10/2018 at 20:30, two crows said:

this is my 14 year old bitch she was a natural from the word go seemed to know what I wanted and almost trained her self, she has a big lump and is losing condition so time is short on a brighter note her great granddaughter who is also chocolate and tan is coming ready to start this season she would not touch a dummy yet retrieves dead cold game like she has been doing it years any one else had one like that.

DSCF7250.JPG

My springer is the same. Myself and my mates have seen her doing remarkable retrieves. Seen pheasants with just one feather knocked out and glide over the horizon. Bitch would watch then go and my mates would say stop her and bring her back. I'd just say leave her be its instinct. She would come back 25 minutes later dripping wet wagging her tail with that bird her mouth. Never failed me and the best dog I've ever owned or seen hunt and I could have friends back that up. If I threw a dummy for her in the yard she would just look at me as much as saying are you having a laugh and no chance of bringing it back. Does that make her a bad dog? She wouldn't win trials but would piss all over trialling dogs on rough shooting days and hunt 7 days in a row from dawn to dusk without a sign of fatigue. I know which dog I'd keep.

• Like 4
On 07/10/2018 at 20:30, two crows said:

this is my 14 year old bitch she was a natural from the word go seemed to know what I wanted and almost trained her self, she has a big lump and is losing condition so time is short on a brighter note her great granddaughter who is also chocolate and tan is coming ready to start this season she would not touch a dummy yet retrieves dead cold game like she has been doing it years any one else had one like that.

DSCF7250.JPG

My springer is the same. Myself and my mates have seen her doing remarkable retrieves. Seen pheasants with just one feather knocked out and glide over the horizon. Bitch would watch then go and my mates would say stop her and bring her back. I'd just say leave her be its instinct. She would come back 25 minutes later dripping wet wagging her tail with that bird her mouth. Never failed me and the best dog I've ever owned or seen hunt and I could have friends back that up. If I threw a dummy for her in the yard she would just look at me as much as saying are you having a laugh and no chance of bringing it back. Does that make her a bad dog? She wouldn't win trials but would piss all over trialling dogs on rough shooting days and hunt 7 days in a row from dawn to dusk without a sign of fatigue. I know which dog I'd keep.

1 hour ago, jiggy said:

my little pup will do that mate its good to have a dog like that, if one of mine goes missing for more than a minuet or two they bring back a bird every time, when I am waiting during a drive If like you said a bird comes back looking a bit dodgy if she looks at it, I let her go back then and as soon as its down she is on it, she did close to thirty days last season and never looked like wanting one off. I did favour her over the others, like if I saw a runner I always sent her, some days I might pic 50 -60 birds right back, that made the pup this season, I seldom go in and sweep up unless I get the call, then an eye wipe is nice lol.

Edited by two crows
  • Like 1