Old fishing pal of mine finally got his dream catch over the last few years he been chasing a GT  on the fly rod , after a few bad luck trips and horrendous weather he hooked and landed this beaut  , he don’t fish much in the U.K. and saves his pennies from his continental lorry driving he got his reward with this hard fighting fish 

6FE5AF21-C0B5-42C9-96BA-49739BD7C7FE.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Fair play to your mate that's special, I fly fish for pike it's exciting as feck if you can't afford to go after the trevely, have also caught most other course fish on flys over the years including carp on imitation dog biscuits made from deer hair ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Fair play to your mate that's special, I fly fish for pike it's exciting as feck if you can't afford to go after the trevely, have also caught most other course fish on flys over the years including carp on imitation dog biscuits made from deer hair ?

Both me and me pal have fly fished. Most course fish in this country inc pike ,  years back we were mad for barracuda on the fly I seen him persevere in bad weather and hook and loose some mighty cudas in the fly , I’m v pleased for him as I know the time and effort he puts in and the hard earned dollar that goes into chasing these types on the fly ?

• Like 1
On 16/08/2018 at 21:00, socks said:

A decent pike tail walking  on the fly is brilliant ???

A gt on fly is well I cant describe as I not caught one  but going on lads that hav caugjtbthem amazing but I guess they  it’s life changing and dents the wallet and puts marrage under pressure lol 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1