Life without gadgets

3 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Anyone ever thought about it ? Im not talking hunting gadgets but doing away with TV, phone(basically keep a basic mobile with call/txt) , no computer etc.  Hard to do with kids and a Mrs who wouldn't never give it up but recently thought of just ditching it all for myself.  Sick of downtime automatically getting on sofa with family . Ironic as I type this im doing it via my mobile tho 

Pretty much like you I,m on my iPad now but hate the amount of time it seems to consume from my life, I have a very basic pay as you go phone and this is the only forum or site I use apart from watching stuff on YouTube so I,m not massively dependant on gadgets I like older motors that don't need a computer to fix them and this little cottage in the brecons was my ideal of heaven no wifi, no phone Signal, water from a bore hole and the only thing I would change would be to replace the diesel generator with solar, if I was,nt fishing thl charity match this weekend I would be back over there enjoying the peace and beauty that only Mother Nature can give me and if I could convince the better half I,d be over there permanently ?

image.jpeg

• Like 3

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I survived before mobile phones and have never needed or had one. I go on this tablet to look on here and YouTube and another hunting site but I don't take it on holiday or when I'm out anywhere. Neve

It'd be to the detriment of technological and economic progress but to the benefit of social cohesion imo. Progress is a bit of a trap. We pursue it out of the short term sense of improved well b

Pretty much like you I,m on my iPad now but hate the amount of time it seems to consume from my life, I have a very basic pay as you go phone and this is the only forum or site I use apart from watchi

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

This leads me to a fcuked up question.

Would you sacrifice your physical self to be an energy source for man or machine in exchange for a virtual life of complete bliss????? ??

Think the Matrix and Total Recall without the bad bits...... 

Absolutely no. Can't explain logically why because I would be living a more perfect life so the logical answer is to say yes. I just like real stuff, suffering is part of life, without it I really think life would have little meaning.

Look at Dan Bilzerion, he admits that he cannot buy pleasure anymore. He's had so much just constant pleasure that his sense of well being, his sense of satisfaction in life is no more than Joe bloggs.

But even if you could fix that with whatever code/programming it'd still be fake and something about me just says "f**k that".

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Pretty much like you I,m on my iPad now but hate the amount of time it seems to consume from my life, I have a very basic pay as you go phone and this is the only forum or site I use apart from watching stuff on YouTube so I,m not massively dependant on gadgets I like older motors that don't need a computer to fix them and this little cottage in the brecons was my ideal of heaven no wifi, no phone Signal, water from a bore hole and the only thing I would change would be to replace the diesel generator with solar, if I was,nt fishing thl charity match this weekend I would be back over there enjoying the peace and beauty that only Mother Nature can give me and if I could convince the better half I,d be over there permanently ?

image.jpeg

That looks like a nice place to relax 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Absolutely no. Can't explain logically why because I would be living a more perfect life so the logical answer is to say yes. I just like real stuff, suffering is part of life, without it I really think life would have little meaning.

Look at Dan Bilzerion, he admits that he cannot buy pleasure anymore. He's had so much just constant pleasure that his sense of well being, his sense of satisfaction in life is no more than Joe bloggs.

But even if you could fix that with whatever code/programming it'd still be fake and something about me just says "f**k that".

Which is probably why so many Lotto winners and high flyers self destruct, you have to have that constant contrast and once that fades depression kicks in.

• Like 2

I survived before mobile phones and have never needed or had one. I go on this tablet to look on here and YouTube and another hunting site but I don't take it on holiday or when I'm out anywhere. Never been on Facebook or anything like that and have no wish to. Only a fool would let this bullsh*t take the place of real life experiences.

• Like 6

You could take mine away and it wouldn't bother me my phones ancient and i struggle with it  any time something happens with the laptop i need the wife or kids too fix it , even the telly i try to watch one programme a night but even thats a struggle with the crap thats on 

2 hours ago, dytkos said:

By a fuckd up person.

Cheers, D.

His next question is going to go something like this....... ok lads a fella I work with has confided in me that he’s gay, the lad try’s to make out he’s quite tough and a lads lad and into boxing, hunting and especially pitbulls but he’s finding it harder day by day to live the lie, what advice should I give (him)????

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

His next question is going to go something like this....... ok lads a fella I work with has confided in me that he’s gay, the lad try’s to make out he’s quite tough and a lads lad and into boxing, hunting and especially pitbulls but he’s finding it harder day by day to live the lie, what advice should I give (him)????

Don't take advice off thick Paddy's...... ??

I would be at a loss if I hadn't got a pc/laptop, I pay most of my bills online & bank online , I could live without a mobile .my bloke hasn't had a mobile for over 2 years .

I remember the days before tv remotes when you had the buttons on the telly, my old man had a long pea stick he used to push the button for itv & the bbc1 button used to pop back out? so he was ahead of his times?

30 yrs ago i had a twin tub washer i dragged it out on a Friday night & did a weeks washing .. whites & lights first & work clobber last ... be at it about 3 hours? & my one had the electronic mangle on the top my mother in law gave it to me ... I also had a spin drier that was for getting the washing rung out even more .

• Like 1