Virgin vs Sky?

We pay £60 a month for sky plus,record 7 channels at once, every channel except sports, phone and unlimited Internet, they own the box and will replace it for free?and best of all...... You speak to some cnut whos actually speaks english?used to work for Bt, 8 yrs ago, changing over from ali cable to copper, and blowing the fibre. Sky are about the best in my opinion, do good mobile phone deals as well ?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

80notes a month? WTF! Why would anyone pay that? I I pay 40 euro a month for Internet (100mbs), mobile with unlimited European calls, texts and mobile Internet. Included I also get two land lines

Whoosh! I use next doors broadband, both on Sky, pretty good for browsing, if I want films I watch telly lol Cheers, D.

You can make a request for Virgin, i did and a few months later they came on the street and fitted it. I've been offered every channel, 2 boxes and tinternet for £79. That includes all the Sky Sports

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Virgin took over ntl's network when they went bust, changed the ducts from green to purple, Bt use grey....all belongs  to Bt, they own the telephone exchanges.... Everyone pays them a cut, If theres no fibre in your area it will be shite no matter who your with?

I often see ADSL speeds above fibre mate; there's a few new companies popping up with their own infrastructure. Hyoeroptic is one example and talktalk are doing fttp in York on their own. 

Hull has Kingston communication which is f**k all to do with anyone but their council

Just now, South hams hunter said:

Then 6 should cope ?

Tbh didn't really look into that, i think Virgins upload speeds will be lower than the Sky Fibre that I've just replaced? My eldest goes on the PS4 quite a bit as well.

21 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

With by lines 40 Mbps fibre has 10 meg upload and 8 0  has 20 upload.  Easy to sort just use a ethernet and portforward

Can't really use ethernet on the PS4 as my router is in the hallway.