Virgin vs Sky?

Currently with Sky and my prices have gone up after some of my offers have ran out, i can get a better offer with Virgin. Much faster internet, more channels and two boxes that allow me to record several stations at once.

The deal is no contest clearly but my question is what is the service like with Virgin? Are the boxes as good as the Sky boxes and such? 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

80notes a month? WTF! Why would anyone pay that? I I pay 40 euro a month for Internet (100mbs), mobile with unlimited European calls, texts and mobile Internet. Included I also get two land lines

Whoosh! I use next doors broadband, both on Sky, pretty good for browsing, if I want films I watch telly lol Cheers, D.

You can make a request for Virgin, i did and a few months later they came on the street and fitted it. I've been offered every channel, 2 boxes and tinternet for £79. That includes all the Sky Sports

Posted Images

I used to have Virgin when I lived in London. They are the only ones who don't use BT lines so the net is really fast. I was getting over 100mbps 3 years ago. Top notch service I reckon, but quite pricey depending on the package you choose.

Brush up on your Hindi if you need to call customer services.

6 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Everyone uses B. T 's network, b sky b, ee, vodafone etc, tell them you want to cancel or just put it in your mrs name. ? 

Yeah like Walshie said Virgin do it alone, they only just finished fitting it the other week. I know all the tips and tricks to get a better deal with Sky but I've already just done another deal with them so if i switch to Virgin i need to pay the cancellation fee.

6 minutes ago, walshie said:

I used to have Virgin when I lived in London. They are the only ones who don't use BT lines so the net is really fast. I was getting over 100mbps 3 years ago. Top notch service I reckon, but quite pricey depending on the package you choose.

Brush up on your Hindi if you need to call customer services.

Yeah they said in our area speeds will average over 100mbps but will soon be near 200mbps.

2 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Has anybody got a uk call centre bumber for b.t I'm goin to phone and cancel. Their tv package is crap basicall pay for nothing . Dont think virgin cabling is in my area however if i get sky will the internet speed just be the same ?

You can make a request for Virgin, i did and a few months later they came on the street and fitted it. I've been offered every channel, 2 boxes and tinternet for £79. That includes all the Sky Sports channels and BT Sports.

• Like 1

80notes a month? WTF!

Why would anyone pay that? I I pay 40 euro a month for Internet (100mbs), mobile with unlimited European calls, texts and mobile Internet. Included I also get two land lines and a TV package, that doesn't have the sports but does have movies. However...... I don't own a bloody telly :laugh:

80quid a month is ridiculous, that's a grand a year to have your brain melted with bullshit! 

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Has anybody got a uk call centre bumber for b.t I'm goin to phone and cancel. Their tv package is crap basicall pay for nothing . Dont think virgin cabling is in my area however if i get sky will the internet speed just be the same ?

They're tech department is in Exeter but other than that you'll get India. Yes sky use the same wire but without openreach backing

43 minutes ago, mushroom said:

80notes a month? WTF!

Why would anyone pay that? I I pay 40 euro a month for Internet (100mbs), mobile with unlimited European calls, texts and mobile Internet. Included I also get two land lines and a TV package, that doesn't have the sports but does have movies. However...... I don't own a bloody telly :laugh:

80quid a month is ridiculous, that's a grand a year to have your brain melted with bullshit! 

That's common here mate and some pay more. ADSL is 20 quid a month with nothing, line rental is 19 now

13 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

I'm with sky the internet was top notch until a few weeks ago then it started playing up but the channels ain't up to much just repeats so I don't really watch it, I had virgin internet and it was crap I just unplugged it one day and put it in the bin

You on standard or fibre mate? See what the landlines like and run a speed test

50 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Virgin don't, talktalk don't in some places either

Virgin took over ntl's network when they went bust, changed the ducts from green to purple, Bt use grey....all belongs  to Bt, they own the telephone exchanges.... Everyone pays them a cut, If theres no fibre in your area it will be shite no matter who your with?