What type are these?

1 hour ago, Chaff said:

He getting bitch lined again this year as he wants a pup, first litter was to make things easier for bitch second time round.

Bitch is a good all round worker, with an exceptional nose on her she was marking at 5 months and always right.

He wants the coin first and foremost, not the pup. Not knocking the dogs though?

• Like 1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give the number a ring and find out 

It sure is 3 million years of breeding gone into them there the line came about be a bitch called Sally a flightless bird wi scales and big teeth

Thinking of putting him to straight greyhound 

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

Please be gentle with these beans of mine

30 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Classic 

Beeean release meee leeet me gooo, for IIII don't love youuu anymoooore! Now that's a classic, ENGLEBEAN HUMPERDINCK ?

What the f**k is wrong with me?! Can't even blame it on the heat, or lack of sleep last night, slept like a log ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 2

When I lived up that way I went out with one of these “tumblers” owned by a fella called Sean, I think…. Twas a long time ago about 30 + years. I took him to lamp rabbits around the gravel workings back of Rushton, it missed more than it hit. After a couple of hours, my dog getting about twice as many from alternate slips, we went to Irchester country park area for Munties. Again I was not impressed having to slip mine to have any success on a relatively easy run in the field around the back of the petrol station. This following it missing two on the way, basically it wouldn’t tackle them.

The evening came about following my interest being piqued by the man himself, who caught me as I walked my lurcher by the river at the back of Whitworths in Wellingborough, when he extolled the virtues of his breeding, for a very long time. The conversation (mainly one sided) ended with him inquiring to use mine dog as a stud…………….. I contacted Sean through a friend to have a look for myself and having seen kept well away in future.

About 18 months ago I came across another example in Devon on the beach at Westward Ho!, fella was on holiday and on inquiry as to his lurchers breeding he was very proud of it being a “Tumbler” and was surprised at my lack of impression. He reckoned it did a bit of lamping and a lot of bushing so, being late winter/early spring I was rather surprised when it lay down panting after only doing two or three circuits on the beach whilst my bitch hardly had her tongue out. A notable lack of stamina……….

Now I admit the lurcher I had back then was very good,  so perhaps a hard one to match up to, and the bitch I had on the beach more recently a Galgo, so known for stamina, but even so neither of these “Tumblers” impressed me or would have found a place in my kennel.  I do enjoy a little prod of the wasps nest in FB and basically he’s a “character” and sells a mongrel lurcher that in the right hands has some potential but in the main is sold to pet homes for lots of pennies. but it would be a lesser world without a few characters.

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 7
21 minutes ago, sandymere said:

When I lived up that way I went out with one of these “tumblers” owned by a fella called Sean, I think…. Twas a long time ago about 30 + years. I took him to lamp rabbits around the gravel workings back of Rushton, it missed more than it hit. After a couple of hours, my dog getting about twice as many from alternate slips, we went to Irchester country park area for Munties. Again I was not impressed having to slip mine to have any success on a relatively easy slip in the field around the back of the petrol station after it missed two on the way, basically it wouldn’t tackle them.

This followed my interest being piqued by the man himself catching me as I walked my lurcher by the river back of Whitworths in Wellingborough when he extolled the virtues of his breeding, for a very long time, the conversation (mainly one sided) ended with him enquiring to use mine dog as a stud…………….. I contacted Sean through a friend to have a look for myself and having seen kept well away in future.

About 18 months ago came across another in Devon on the beach at Westward Ho!, fella was on holiday and on enquiry he was very proud of its breeding being a “Tumbler” and was surprised at my lack of impression. He reckoned it did a bit of lamping and a lot of bushing so, being late winter/early spring I was rather surprised when it lay down panting after doing just two or three circuits with my bitch when she hardly had her tongue out. A definitive lack of stamina……….

Now I admit the lurcher I had back then was very good so a hard one to match up to and the bitch I had on the beach more recently a Galgo, so known for stamina, but even so neither of these “Tumblers” impressed me or would have found place in my kennel.  I do enjoy a little prod of the wasps nest in FB and basically he’s a “character” and sells a mongrel lurcher that in the right hands has some potential but in the main is sold to pet homes for lots of pennies, it would be a lesser world without a few characters.

Where u been any paintings 

5 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Yeah well in an omnivore 

No hopefully I'm not in an omnivore at this present time.............

and if you mean you are in an omnivore i would rather not know the details................................

?

Edited by sandymere
spelling
  • Haha 1
On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 14:56, Saltmoon said:

The Norfolk ones tumbler and Smithfield?? What are they? 

15342548732412042040195.jpg

these dogs were being  advertised as smithfields  in the old shooting times of 1978,the pups were bred out of bluey  (page 30 lurchers and long dogs out of a coursing greyhound, the ad also stated hares beware,about the same time a chap named Aubrey fryer was trying to produce a smith field type of lurcher, pictured in Lambourn book by hancock,must try and learn how to post pics myself, still learning;

• Like 4
1 hour ago, grompz said:

these dogs were being  advertised as smithfields  in the old shooting times of 1978,the pups were bred out of bluey  (page 30 lurchers and long dogs out of a coursing greyhound, the ad also stated hares beware,about the same time a chap named Aubrey fryer was trying to produce a smith field type of lurcher, pictured in Lambourn book by hancock,must try and learn how to post pics myself, still learning;

I remember that advert jeez I am getting old lol.I also remember seeing adverts for these in the exchange and mart.

• Like 2