What type are these?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give the number a ring and find out 

It sure is 3 million years of breeding gone into them there the line came about be a bitch called Sally a flightless bird wi scales and big teeth

Thinking of putting him to straight greyhound 

Posted Images

There just Lurcher to Lurcher bred the bloke couldn’t tell you exactly what’s in there but he’ll tell you what he thinks you want to here the bloke will breed out of any thing long as it looks like a type he can pass off as his own type There bred by a peddler for the easily fooled 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Smithfields are a bearded collie type dog, a few in Tasmania and a bloke works a couple on a property near me in NSW.He had a litter for sale about 6 months ago.I think there a pretty rare breed.

I remember reading that some of the Smithfield droving dogs of england ended up going over to oz, and nz, wonder how they compare to modern day beardies, traits, temperament etc

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

I remember reading that some of the Smithfield droving dogs of england ended up going over to oz, and nz, wonder how they compare to modern day beardies, traits, temperament etc

They definately stayed workers with good temps,was thinking of puting one over one of my whippets.Only beardies here are show bred,so I can't compare.

• Like 1

Here in the UK, the Smithfield Collie is a contentious subject...?

Back in the day,... I have used localized herders, over my running dogs,...we used to refer to them as Blue Shaggs...

The Border Collie seems to rule the roost nowadays and is usually the contemporary shepherd's, first choice...?

• Like 2
21 hours ago, gnipper said:

Was it chipper who had one off Burrell and it was meant to be a natural? I'm sure I remember reading that on here.

I got my son 1 yrs ago and it was a good dog but I didn’t pay nowhere near Jeff’s price for it.there is a pic on here of him as photobucket won’t let me upload any pics the dog did everything that got put in front of him.if I got back into the lurchers and had the chance of another like him I would take it no problem.have a look on the Smithfield thread and you can see him on there he is 16yrs old now and stiff as owt after a walk to the top of the street.i think all the knocks and bangs he has had is taking its toll.