I suppose as a Pulsar unit it is not expensive but to be totally honest, if you really want a monocular, buy a Tecknova or Laserworks as they are sometimes known, half the price and a NV range finder built in. You will need a small IR torch fitted to get the best results but from a number of guys that have them, they seem to do a good job.

Phil 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, philpot said:

I suppose as a Pulsar unit it is not expensive but to be totally honest, if you really want a monocular, buy a Tecknova or Laserworks as they are sometimes known, half the price and a NV range finder built in. You will need a small IR torch fitted to get the best results but from a number of guys that have them, they seem to do a good job.

Phil 

Cheers Phil I will have a look about... 

10 hours ago, philpot said:

Phil 

Thx for that, have you any idea what the range is like for spotting rabbits as you know I only use sub 12ft airgun.. Cheers, I've seen them for £130ish, but come from china, bit of a bummer if it doesn't work... 

That's the one I had Phil - very good bit of kit :yes:

It'll easily work at night and range find with out any extra IR up to 100yrds, maybe a bit more.

And, as already said, it's a perfectly capable day time range finder as well :thumbs:

CRSUK are a good mob to deal with :thumbs:

• Like 1

Trouble with all these units is they eat batteries. 4 x AA's will last you 2 hours and that's if you don't use the I/R. I use a Newton Sports Optics NV 3x42 Night Vision Monocular , paid £60 second hand off Ebay. Got an old Firefly laser I/R on it and the batteries, in both, last ages. You can't film with it or send images to your friends but it will fit in a coat pocket and spot rabbits at 100yrds.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, PLEDGEY said:

Trouble with all these units is they eat batteries. 4 x AA's will last you 2 hours and that's if you don't use the I/R. I use a Newton Sports Optics NV 3x42 Night Vision Monocular , paid £60 second hand off Ebay. Got an old Firefly laser I/R on it and the batteries, in both, last ages. You can't film with it or send images to your friends but it will fit in a coat pocket and spot rabbits at 100yrds.

Cheers, I'm not after streaming or videoing, just want an NV monocular that will spot rabbits upto 100yds built in rangefinder is a bonus but not a must as I have a rangefinder on the nitesite, just easier to spot with a monocular than it is with the hw100 kitted out... 

17 minutes ago, PLEDGEY said:

The CRSUK unit has better performance than you specify - yes, it's simple enough to run on AAs but, being switched on and off as a spotter and range finder, it lasts a lot longer than 2hrs and, the inbuilt IR is perfectly capable for further than airgun ranges.

And, although it's a little boxy, it sits nicely in the pocket of an army surplus smock or the leg pocket on cargo pants.

The hand strap on the side means that it can be operated with one hand - it sits securely in your palm and, the buttons on the top are easily reached by your fingers.

It doesn't do all the posh recording and WIFI stuff but, it does have a compass and inclinometer at the edges of the view - good for planning some shots at night and, useful if you end up disoriented.

....... It sounds complicated but, it becomes useful pretty quickly.

But, that said, I sold mine to my mate and bought their little scope mounted NV range finder - it's a very simple little unit so, it works for me.

:thumbs:

• Like 2