Looking for opinions on diablo slingshot

Only you can answer that, but personally I,d take a flatband gangster grip catty all day over a Barnet find the tube a bit heavy but very easy to convert to a sling bow if you ever fancy one, if your unsure what your after have a look at catapult carnage on utube he does some good revues on most of the more popular makes cheers goodluck and welcome ?

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I just leave an inch of tube on them and tie the flat bands round it, you can also buy more usable tubes like orange dub dub or if you want to go in hard and take an hacksaw to it here’s how, there’s actually nothing wrong with them but as a starter catty they probably put more people off than got them into Catty,s because the tubes are much to heavy especially for youngsters and the pouch is the size of a small sail , 

• 4 months later...
On 08/09/2019 at 11:22, Greyman said:

I,ve tied the Barnet , Diablo/wrist rockets/black widows and they are all very usable with flats on, it’s the tubes they come with that make them a struggle unless you have arms like Popeye ?

I had a wrist rocket in the seventies, subsequent catapults have never seemed as powerful, or am I just seeing it through rose tinted glasses? I’ve never used the flat bands though, only tubes. Are the flats such as tbg more powerful?

On 09/01/2020 at 19:10, Dervburner said:

I had a wrist rocket in the seventies, subsequent catapults have never seemed as powerful, or am I just seeing it through rose tinted glasses? I’ve never used the flat bands though, only tubes. Are the flats such as tbg more powerful?

wrist rocket /barnett type catapults may give the impression that they are more powerfull because of the effort required to draw them back.

But the real test of the type of rubber used is the speed it contracts and returns to its origonal length on release , not how hard it is to stretch

As an extreme example , if you try and stretch a rope you will have to put in a great deal of effort but it doesnt make the rope any good for a catapult

the barnet tubes appear ok for large heavy ammo , especially with the large pouch they  use

the problem is that for the most commonly used and available ammo they are overkill

the greatest accuracy usually comes from the lighter draw bands which is why in slingshot competitions the top shooters always use them

However if you go too light a draw then you may not get enough power for your chosen use , which is why all those folks who get into the sport seriously are forever trying to find the ultimate band dimensions for the ammo they use , myself included.

The posts above are spot on with reference to fitting flatbands / orange dub dub on Barnetts and the pocketability of the pocket poacher and similar types

• Thanks 1