AA Pro-sport

1 minute ago, bigmac 97kt said:

RIGHT I WAS NOT GOING TO GET INTO THIS BUT

can you tell me what the rifle is doing IE twang ,,recoil so on and so on

all 177 spring rifles will recoil more than a 22

if he has been in side her its an easy fix so dont worry your self

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Seems like the recoil  seems a little harsh but it could be me needing to get used to it ? 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Pro Sport .22 has a TinBum kit installed and a fettle of the spring end and internals by Charlie Caller here. I have to say, this has markedly improved the performance of my rifle from where it was

Anybody thinking about buying one or any air arms for that matter should do straight away , the selling rights have been taken over by Deben and off course prices have gone up . I don't know how

Looking to get my fac  too, Been out with a pal with his hmr on a couple of occasions and enjoyed it but love going out with the sub 12 with the n/v ? 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, liP said:

Seems like the recoil  seems a little harsh but it could be me needing to get used to it ? 

It will all ways have the snap as its 177 but a

de,grease and re,grease and polish of the internals can reduce it

greatly its easy to do

give it a try if you get stuck gis a shout

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

It will all ways have the snap as its 177 but a

de,grease and re,grease and polish of the internals can reduce it

greatly its easy to do

give it a try if you get stuck gis a shout

Cheers Jimmy ? 

I'm going to give it a good go at getting used to it but if the opportunity comes up for a comparison I'll take that option too ? 

I don't want to touch the insides unless it's absolutely necessary and even then I'll give Davy a call lol lol 

10 hours ago, timmytree said:

My .177 PS has been mildly fettled over the last 7 years with a huge shot count, probably around 160,000 now.

I'll be in Lechlade for a long weekend when my other half gets back from the US so a trip to Black Cat is a distinct possibility on the sunday. Send a PM if you want to meet up.

Regards

Tim

That's only down the road from me Tim.

Give me a shout if you're going mate - I should be able to skive off work for a couple of hours :thumbs:

My Pro Sport .22 has a TinBum kit installed and a fettle of the spring end and internals by Charlie Caller here. I have to say, this has markedly improved the performance of my rifle from where it was, fresh from the factory. 

This is an unusual Pro Sport as, being left handed, I spent years just hankering  for one with no hope of finding one of the very rare Left handed examples. I have converted the Manelli  walnut stock to fit my left hand at the grip and my cheek by eliminating the the roll-over comb of the cheek rest. It fits like a glove thanks to some wise guidance and practical help from Jimmy/Bigmac97 here. The stock has been finished with filigree carvings of my own design to replace those that were lost in the reshaping of the grip.

It is an astonishingly beautiful, extremely accurate, full power, silky smooth performance air rifle and I love this thing to bits. Absolutely never going to sell this beauty of a rifle. Ever. 

Then there's my .22 HW77 and .22 HW80....

All three of these .22 spring rifles will match ANY .177 PCP for consistent accuracy any day! 

I need never really, think about buying another air rifle for my hunting needs.

• Like 3

Anybody thinking about buying one or any air arms for that matter should do straight away , the selling rights have been taken over by Deben and off course prices have gone up .

I don't know how true it is but £700 for a walnut prosport,  madness if true 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, villaman said:

Anybody thinking about buying one or any air arms for that matter should do straight away , the selling rights have been taken over by Deben and off course prices have gone up .

I don't know how true it is but £700 for a walnut prosport,  madness if true 

Same with the hw100 prices now Mitch up here there £800 to £850 now

MADNESS JUST MADNESS:thumbdown:

12 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Same with the hw100 prices now Mitch up here there £800 to £850 now

MADNESS JUST MADNESS:thumbdown:

It’s a lot of money for air rifle  and what will it be worth if We’re made to have a certificate for are air rifles ? I’ve given up my FAC after many years with a rimfires as  I don’t really have the need now but if in the future I need a certificate for my air rifle I may as well buy another rimfire,I think they would be a glut of air rifles bringing prices down.i remember the 250 law with motor bikes which left 250s worth less.