Mystery hiker

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would say it's very strange for somebody to just take that off and walk away and leave it ... I would think some poor f****r is lying with a broken leg or head injury not that far from where you fou

Go back and find the body. Might be a decent pair of boots and coat! 

Poor old cushty jumps in a hedge for a dump and someone nicks his rucksack.

Posted Images

People are strange and all sorts of stuff gets left on busses and trains ect. I'd just report finding it at map ref xyz. Here is a link to Kent police.  You county will have the same. It gives you an idea of what the rules are. If you just keep it you potentially risk being implicated in a crime or stealing by finding. Some people get an idea in their head and suddenly change their mind. It could be that whoever put it down thought, sod it I'm off home or the girlfriend thought I'm not issuing a portion to this nob ! Dump the gear and leg it.  Did anyone see you pick it up? Take it back to the farm and hang it up in a shed securely.  Go back in a few days and see if the dogs can find a carcass.

https://www.kent.police.uk/services/lost-and-found-property/

37 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

Hopefully it's not,but would be a bit strange if your going to kill yourself to bring a load of survival gear

Not really mate suicide is normally an instant decision so he may well have gone there to get away for a bit then thought f**k it .....

• Like 2

The wood is part of a big horse stables etc and has been planted with rides through for the horses no vehicles other than the lawn mower, it's only about 10/15 years old so most of the trees are only the size you can see and not really ideal for hanging, hope I,m not sounding to cold but this is my thought process, I searched the immediate area and there was no sign of anyone,( if you hurt yourself you would be near the bag) the farmer saw it there last night also saw no one,he had a dog with him and shouted but no reply,so if something bad has happened it's probably just a case of recovering a body as opposed to saving someone, I told the farmer I was taking it home as he has my phone number if somebody comes for it so I feel comfortable regarding any theft allegations, the niggle in my head is telling me to take it to the police which is what I,m going to do as it could give closure to someone, unfortunately government cuts have seen every police station near me closed down so I will take it across town in the morning and hand it in with the location 

8 minutes ago, Greyman said:

The wood is part of a big horse stables etc and has been planted with rides through for the horses no vehicles other than the lawn mower, it's only about 10/15 years old so most of the trees are only the size you can see and not really ideal for hanging, hope I,m not sounding to cold but this is my thought process, I searched the immediate area and there was no sign of anyone,( if you hurt yourself you would be near the bag) the farmer saw it there last night also saw no one,he had a dog with him and shouted but no reply,so if something bad has happened it's probably just a case of recovering a body as opposed to saving someone, I told the farmer I was taking it home as he has my phone number if somebody comes for it so I feel comfortable regarding any theft allegations, the niggle in my head is telling me to take it to the police which is what I,m going to do as it could give closure to someone, unfortunately government cuts have seen every police station near me closed down so I will take it across town in the morning and hand it in with the location 

I think after 60 days of non recovery you can claim it .....

10 minutes ago, socks said:

I think after 60 days of non recovery you can claim it .....

It's  mostly pretty cheap stuff mate, which is another reason I,m thinking wannabe bear gryls, I just don't want to see a sad story in six months if I could do something about it, 

• Like 2