Mystery hiker

Just been out for a nice walk loving the cooler weather when I come across a hikers backpack in the middle of the path, first 3 pics are the bag as I found it and the path looking in both directions, shouted and shouted for ten minutes, looked around for footprints, checked in the bushes for a tent, nothing, had a little look inside and it was damp showing signs of being there all night, so I,ve loaded up my Rucker on my front,dogs on leads and mystery Rucker on my back and headed back to the farmyard were my van is parked, as I get there I see the farmer and go over to tell him, he says it was there last night so I told him I would take it home and search it for a name or address, nothing inside to ID owner but a full survival kit including sleeping bag bed roll,knifes, cutlery,cloth,s tooth brush, head torch plus loads more, which is a nice little find for someone like me, it all looks new and even the tooth brush and billycans are unused, the farmer has my phone number if anyone comes back for it but I have a little niggle in my mind that someone could be either hanging from a tree or in some kind of difficulty in the woods, (it covers a 1000 acres ) don't think farmer would appreciate a massive invasion of old bill searching his farm and I,ve not heard of anyone missing in last few days so what do we recommend ?? Should I take it to the police, wait and see if anyone turns up at the farm or just carry on as normal, ?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would say it's very strange for somebody to just take that off and walk away and leave it ... I would think some poor f****r is lying with a broken leg or head injury not that far from where you fou

Go back and find the body. Might be a decent pair of boots and coat! 

Poor old cushty jumps in a hedge for a dump and someone nicks his rucksack.

Posted Images

Looks suspicious. Got to wonder if someone dumped it in a hurry....

Reminds me of the time I found a pool of blood on the bridge with bloody footprints leading down the road, through the woods to the riverside perhaps 500 yards away where I found a tent. Woke the occupants up to check everyone was okay and apparently their mate had chopped his foot open in the night and wondered off! Must have been bleeding like f**k, the track was easy to follow through the woods and must have still been gushing when he sat down at the bridge. Didn't sound like his mates were too concerned letting him wonder off wounded and barefoot. :laugh:

Very strange..., not the sort of thing that would just get dumped. My money is on the owner hanging from a tree. In this case I might be tempted to tell the police. Might bring someone a bit of peace sooner rather than later.

• Like 5

I,m suspecting someone watched bear gryls thought I could do that, then thought f**k that I,m off home when it started raining, the woods are private and not somewhere I ever see anyone else, but I,d hate to think I,ve left someone in there that may have been in a bad place and needed help, I may pop back later with the thermal and have a quick scan around just to put my mind at rest 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

There doesn't appear to be a tent or basha? That seems a bit odd given the weather has just started to turn past week.

No tent, tarp or any other form of shelter in the bag or the trees near it ?

I would say it's very strange for somebody to just take that off and walk away and leave it ... I would think some poor f****r is lying with a broken leg or head injury not that far from where you found the bag ... I would be tempted to tell the police so they can organise a search .....

• Like 10

My money is on somebody thinking there going to go out a sleep rough and live of the land. As the light start to fade or when it got dark got spooked, started running dumped the ruck sack and kept going. They aint coming back.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 1