New scope to play with

So I bought another .17 a few months back for not a lot of money mainly for a mate to use when out bashing rabbits, he ask me to get a better mod for it so put a dpt on, he then asked if he could change the scope and he would sort one out, I agreed and he has turned up with this, a Yukon photon rt, went out and zeroed it and what a bit of kit it is, the only thing I’m thinking is it is to much scope for not enough rifle

BA4DAE63-C3E0-4A3C-82DD-BC1A7D7DA963.jpeg

FAB70422-B28B-49C3-A542-7BFAC67D8E03.jpeg

9F141185-FDF3-4935-B062-AC5D67113246.jpeg

• Like 2

It’s 6x50 day/night, the image is crystal clear, it allows you to record and has WiFi so I could see on my phone what the rifle was pointing at, it’s the first time I’ve ever used a digital scope and want to try it in full darkness, I’ve always been one for a scope and a torch so it will be interesting to see how I get on with this

• Like 1

It’s just under 600 quid, now I’m not sure if I could justify paying that, on the other hand I’m still to see how it is in darkness, from watching videos it does look very good but I’m not sure it would replace the lamp

Wi fi ?! Does it male cups of tea and sandwiches also. The mag is ok at 6x. How much does it weigh and do you have to tow a trailer round behind you with the batteries to drive the thing? What about sat nav and phases of the moon?

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

I’ve been looking at these. It will be interesting to see how you get on with it. Please report on your findings Stavross. ?

I will do, hopefully I’ll get out on Thursday night and give it a proper test, all though the image is very good in day light I wouldn’t say it was as good as a decent scope, I would hope the image is crystal clear on a night with the ir 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

For that price it should make me a cup of tea, it has got a bit of weight to it and you need to use lithium batteries with it because apparently it eats normal when it’s been used on a night

It's getting worse! ?

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, Underdog said:

It's getting worse! ?

I’m starting to think it’s just a bit of a gadget, if it works well in darkness I could see it been very useful for a keeper sat on top of a .223 or 22-250, but as for a general purpose scope I can’t see it myself 

10 hours ago, Underdog said:

600 ! £@#€% 

?

Plenty of second hand ones Nathan ,dont worry u dont need open wallet surgery .Ive got the 5x42 with doubler on it and it works.No its not thermal ,no its not a n870 or 970 but it works and the eye relief is sorted with a rubber cup so your on the right distance.Mine was only 200 quid second hand and with a nm800 ir on its more than upto the job. 

Daywise is ok too atb and hope your blood pressure is back to normal :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1