mobile contract help

29 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Take this anyway you feel as I've been out of the country for over a decade now, but I cancelled mine before I left and my mam was still getting bills through after I'd gone stateside.

• Phone them and tell them you're cancelling. They will record it.
  • Cancel in writing. Send it recorded/registered post. This will prove they signed for it.
  • Stop using the phone when your contract expires.

I had to phone them from the US to stop the billing. They checked that I'd called and confirmed it but they couldn't find the written notice even though I had sent it registered and knew they'd received it. I even explained that I hadn't used the phone the month I moved despite being paid up until the end of that month as I'd cancelled in good faith. They kept billing me. Only when they traced my call to see that I was out of the UK did they stop but I had to explain to them that they wouldn't be receiving any more money did they cancel it.

They were quite prepared to bill me indefinitely and only stopped when I said I was never coming back to the UK. If they are still billing me I'm unaware of it.

Written notice isn't required in this day an age, all that's needed is a PAC

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChrisJones said:

Good to know! I don't know what a PAC is but it doesn't matter because I don't have a moby anymore! :D :thumbs:

It's a code that transfers your mobile number so in this example Kay get her PAC from talktalk and rings Tesco. Tesco enter the PAC into their system and like magic the number is working on her Tesco SIM. I thought they had to give you the code within 24 hours but looking at it, it's actually 2