If you could only have one busher

3 minutes ago, C.green said:

For me personally i cannot see past the right type of spaniel for what i do. Tho would like a pat x spaniel that isnt going to drop to ground.

Well thats the way i was looking but last time i had a spaniel was a young kid so carnt remember if they would go into tight cover most places i go is bramble but on the further wanders it can be any type of terrain. I dont it dropping in time to time but not all the time so probably best to avoid a terrier  

1 hour ago, C.green said:

For me personally i cannot see past the right type of spaniel for what i do. Tho would like a pat x spaniel that isnt going to drop to ground.

That’s pretty much what I have got and he suits me. Have to admit I do really like a good bushing terrier though!

C6871D31-46C4-4348-9D63-CF5420125E7F.jpeg

AF2B7566-BC48-4B89-86A8-0DD7F858694A.jpeg

• Like 7

For the less experienced moochers stay away from to much beagle blood will put you of for life if you get it wrong lol, I'd go for the Springer x terriers good hard working honest x that don't fuk of miles away from you.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, AlwaysRunning said:

Im looking on getting a busher to work alongside my lurchers if you could only have one .what cross or type would it be , i know youve got horses for courses but ideally id like it to work as much as it could terrain and game.

Atb AR 

Depends how good the lurcher is,the facts are that the majority of bushers ,beagle,spaniel,hound or terrier infused will suit purpose all of the time,i prefer the Beddy bushers as they are the ones that rock my canoe and keep decent lurchers on their toes when others don,t.

40 minutes ago, morton said:

Depends how good the lurcher is,the facts are that the majority of bushers ,beagle,spaniel,hound or terrier infused will suit purpose all of the time,i prefer the Beddy bushers as they are the ones that rock my canoe and keep decent lurchers on their toes when others don,t.

If the majority will suit purpose then why would they not keep a lurcher on its toes?mine do but they not beddys

1 hour ago, FKOF said:

For the less experienced moochers stay away from to much beagle blood will put you of for life if you get it wrong lol, I'd go for the Springer x terriers good hard working honest x that don't fuk of miles away from you.

Dad had a full beagle when i was younger was a lovely dog but a f***ing nightmare once on a scent say good bye ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, AlwaysRunning said:

Im looking on getting a busher to work alongside my lurchers if you could only have one .what cross or type would it be , i know youve got horses for courses but ideally id like it to work as much as it could terrain and game.

Atb AR 

My dad and uncle have bred top notch spaniels for over 40 years. And some of the best bushing spaniels have been made out of failed gun spaniels. I had one for years that was to hard mouthed for gunwork, but excellent for mooching about. Also spaniel x terrier ideal for mooching,my uncle has a cocker x terrier and it is exceptional at ferreting. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...