FAC help local to me ? Rotherham. South Yorkshire.

Guest vin

SY Police will grant a CF at 1st grant if you meet all the other requirements for good reason and health requirements, so I wouldn't worry too much about a .17 HMR and rimmy. Provided you have no skeletons in the closet, then it shouldn't be too bad. Just think about how you can justify a HMR and the rimmy ie what can the hmr do that the rimmy cannot, and you should be good to go with good reason given your permissions (the answer here is probably one of range, especially if you have long open fields as likely in the dales).

Personally, I'd spend the £78 required to join the BASC 1st, as that way you have access to expert advice with the forms and expert advice and assistance if the application process goes tits up.

PS don't forget to apply for moderators for both calibres.

Edited by Alsone

Joining basic is like leaking 78 quid up the wall. Most useless org ever... If anyone wants insurance go to someone like ccc3 that specialize,  you get 5 mil cover for dogs guns everything for 30 quid . You do get 4 mags from basic though which makes each issue about 12 quid. Oh you do get a car sticker which allows you to get your vehicle vandalised by antis.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Forget joining basc , they wouldn't help me when I had some fac related issues ( because I'm not the shooting type an have skeletons in the closet) , I'd try for a 22 an 17 hmr  , if they refuse you you'll no what to do to make them happy for your next application, an do you mean humane dispatch? ? 

8 hours ago, nick703 said:

Forget joining basc , they wouldn't help me when I had some fac related issues ( because I'm not the shooting type an have skeletons in the closet) , I'd try for a 22 an 17 hmr  , if they refuse you you'll no what to do to make them happy for your next application, an do you mean humane dispatch? ? 

thanks for that... yes for emergency Dispatch.

10 hours ago, nick703 said:

I know of two Individuals who asked for help with fac applications and didn't get help. I jumped out of the membership when I  didn't get the help that I  should have done. Who with two brain cells is going to pay out membership for a Crap  mag fulĺ of adverts. They just dont represent any sort of shooting that the ordinary bloke gets involved with. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wasn't a member and got loads of help a few years back. It stopped short of Court assistance, but included lots of advice. Maybe it was different people. If you can get licensing cover elsewhere, then certainly consider it. It's not so much where you get it but whether you have it that matters.

11 hours ago, Meece said:

I know of two Individuals who asked for help with fac applications and didn't get help. I jumped out of the membership when I  didn't get the help that I  should have done. Who with two brain cells is going to pay out membership for a Crap  mag fulĺ of adverts. They just dont represent any sort of shooting that the ordinary bloke gets involved with. 

Basc wouldn't help me at all, the result was I had my license revoked for 3 years, so I've probably jumped through more hoops than most people for my fac , that's all a few years back now an I have everything back including stalking rifles , centre fire an rim fire. Basc are more for the upper class snobs that call themselves shooting types.   Just my opinion ?

14 hours ago, vin said:

thanks for that... yes for emergency Dispatch.

Don't no about emergency dispatch but you can have humane dispatch on your fac , mine used to have it but not sure if it's still on , an open license is what you need if it's for work but you might have to Get some experience to get it open 

Dispatch. ?..... depends on circumstances and what it is. If it is a fox, give it another round. If we're talking about being called out to dispatch deer on the ròad involved with car accidents, then we are talking rifles with a caĺ bigger than 240 and enough muzzle energy to do the job. It is highly unlikely that you would get a grant for this as a  main reason and sort of go shooting .

》》》》》 CLANG !! 《《《《《  are you trying to apply for an fac usIng road dispatch as a reason and then go off shooting with the fac weapon ?? 

If you are, you would have to show good reason and I cant sèe any force issuing a cert for this purpose. It don't happen. You might get a condition allowing dispatch to an existIng cert but not for dispatch only. IF thats what you are asking.

1 hour ago, Meece said:

Dispatch. ?..... depends on circumstances and what it is. If it is a fox, give it another round. If we're talking about being called out to dispatch deer on the ròad involved with car accidents, then we are talking rifles with a caĺ bigger than 240 and enough muzzle energy to do the job. It is highly unlikely that you would get a grant for this as a  main reason and sort of go shooting .

》》》》》 CLANG !! 《《《《《  are you trying to apply for an fac usIng road dispatch as a reason and then go off shooting with the fac weapon ?? 

If you are, you would have to show good reason and I cant sèe any force issuing a cert for this purpose. It don't happen. You might get a condition allowing dispatch to an existIng cert but not for dispatch only. IF thats what you are asking.

Your kind of correct there Meece. I did want to be able to offer my services on the rare occasion it comes up to be able to help out the local dog wardens and Vets etc. I will forget that and leave that for someone else to worry about. I used to work for the local authorities doing pest control and often had to deal with strange and unusual requests. 

I will forget that line of enquiry and concentrate on the FAC.

Thanks so much for the info so far chaps... I have a better view and understanding already.

Right. If you had laid your cards on the table up front then we would have known what you wanted to know about and we wouldn't have had all the shilly shallying about.  there may well be a situation where this might be possible. A bloke I  know applied for and got a slot for a handgun for dispatch of wounded deer. He got a 357 mag handgun but with 4 of the 6 chambers blanked so it was a 2 shot. BUT he has got and had a fuĺl open ticket with several deèr cal rifles on it and he has had it for a long time. He has all the tickets for deer work and puts venison into the food chain. To get a ticket for dispatch of road casualties and other random situations you would probably be required to be running a fully set up and acredited business such as slaughtering fallen cattle or similar. Because of the nature of this type of work you would have to be squeaky clean and have a proven track record. Plod would be very reluctant to just issue a cert to Fred Bloggs on the grounds that you fancied doing this sort of thing and might make a few Bob at it. This wouldn't just be a case of security or somewhere to shoot ect because of the nature of this sort of situation. It all comes down to liability and risks when dealing with the General public such as dispatching a deer on the side of the road and badger culling ect. This sort of thing must happen but I  have never had any dealings with anyone involved.

Edited by Meece