Hob wont serve Jill.....

My best Jill had a litter this season. All the kits have now gone apart from the one I kept back for myself. When the kits were weaned I put the jill back in with my vasectomized hob and my other two jills. At this point she wasn't in season but the hob humped he silly for quite a while and then calmed down. 

Anyway, I now notice she's been come into season again and has been for about two weeks. Now the hob doesn't appear to by serving her at all and she therefore remains in season. I'm genuinely thinking of taking her for the jab on this occasion as it looks like the hob isn't going to sort her out for me. 

Anyone else seen this before? Any particular reason why the hob was so keen before  and now doesn't seem interested even though she is fully in season? 

Could well be to do with the hobs  sexual tendencies starting to drop off now, they start to drop off quite rapidly once July is over, I’ve teamed all mine back up now, once the pecking order has been astablished all’s peaceful in the cages. 

• Like 3

Stick the the hob on his own for a few days then throw the jill that you want brought out of season in with him. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that. My hob is the same, too many jills and he loses interest in them after a while and needs a wee break away from them. If that doesnt work then its down to the time of year and he probably is coming out of season.

Same happened to me . Hob brought them out of season . Came back in and he wasn't interested . Lent him to a [BANNED TEXT] last week to service her Jill and got him back today.  Within 5 mins he was back on the job . My only thoughts is that familiarity might have made him apathetic.  A new Jill somewhere else got his juices flowing again and he's back acting like huw Hefner 

48 minutes ago, Lamper121 said:

Thanks all for all the good replies,  his balls have definitely gone back in side. I'm going to try the few days in solitary and see if that works first, if not, its to the vets. 

I’d be tempted to leave her now mate as long as she’s in a clean cage she should be out of season in a few weeks naturally 

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I took her for a jab yesterday's actually, she started looking a bit weak and sluggish and I wasnt risking anything. Discussed it with the vet and we came to the same conclusion as we did on here that the hob probably  just lost interest as his balls went back in and her season was fairly late on