Scope recommendations

8 hours ago, Fellman Mark said:

Hello all I am after a hunting scope to go on my Daystate air ranger .22 budget of about £250 what would should I look at? Thanks 

I've just this weekend bought a Hawk Vantage IR 4-16x50 half mil-dot ret for £190 to go on my Pro-Sport. Due to the rubbish weather we are having and extra overtime at work, I've only had time to roughly zero it in. Got to say it does look clear, just hoping it works well with the N/V (tubed) 

Any of the older Mamba range are superb scopes with the SCB reticle, ( xmas tree reticle)

For less than £100 ( brand new) you "could have picked up" a Hawke Sport HD AO, IR 4-12x50 - hell of a good air rifle scope.

Believe it or not these scopes were taken off the market by Hawke because shooting/ hunting lads preferred this scope to many more expensive scopes that Hawke were/ are making.

Here`s my Hawke in use.

IMG_0662.JPG.aa44087f28b7437797f89dbd2c81f571.JPG

The Hawke Sport HD is now taken off the 100 KS .22 and on my classic HW 77

IMG_1169.thumb.JPG.b5e67aa223dea43c24065f6f3315ac56.JPG

IMG_1158.thumb.JPG.459acec465aee41cc4ec7a488d656771.JPG

Superb budget scope with a 10 yr Hawke warranty.  :good:

Watch out for a second hand one- not hard to find.

Hope this helps any.  Mark.

• Like 1

I`ve never even picked one up Mark, sorry but i have read on numerous occasions that the older Mamba scope`s reticle is much preferred, to the newer ones.

Each to their own i suppose but do go out to a local RFD and try some mate.

"Good luck"  :good:

something with mildot for sure  4x9x40 is all you will need , but get quality over size . not sure AO  .big magnification and big lenses  are always a good thing . a basic good quality 4x9x40 scope is better than a massive cheap scope with lights and knobs all over it . also GOOD QUALITY mounts

10 hours ago, Fellman Mark said:

Thanks mark it a hawke scope I am replacing I knocked it and now it doesn’t hold zero very well it was a mint scope up till then I was thinking of getting a new mtc mamba lite what’s your thoughts on these?

I've been told that the newer Mambers are nowhere near the quality of the older ones by a firearms supplier as Hawke are now using the old Optisan factory. How true this is, I don't know, but the quality issues have been mentioned on various forums. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, liP said:

I've been told that the newer Mambers are nowhere near the quality of the older ones by a firearms supplier as Hawke are now using the old Optisan factory. How true this is, I don't know, but the quality issues have been mentioned on various forums. 

daystate now own the mtc range of scopes not hawk

and the old mtc scopes are the best the new ones are sh*t

atvbmac:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

daystate now own the mtc range of scopes not hawk

and the old mtc scopes are the best the new ones are sh*t

atvbmac:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

You wrote it as I meant to write it but clearly and elegantly put ? ? 

• Haha 2

Agreed - the older MTC scopes are much better than the new ones - you could do a lot worse than pick up an original Viper or Mamba.

......... They seem to be more solidly built and, the older SCB reticle is a lot less cluttered, and easier to use.

Depending what you go for, you should be able to get one for £100 - £150.

I'll also chuck a vote in for Hawke and Falcon scopes - both well made and good value.

• Like 2

Konus and Falcon are well worth a look at. I've just put a Falcon S18i on my hw77. I've not had a chance to shoot it yet but 1st impressions are good. Glass and Ret are both crystal clear right accross the mag range.

I looked at a Konus aswell with similar results. Both sell scopes in your budget.