Eagle owl found

2 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Owls arnt rung in falconry as a rule and it has Jesse's on so a captive  bird .When fed up ,full up, it will be a totally different unpredictable bird. JUST A WORD OF WARNING .

Thing turned into lion ? feeding it it's light can feel chest bone not much tho 

IMG_0137.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG

• Like 2

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bird gone back to lad that owns him now so happy days he was chuffed he'd bin gone three weeks .ill remember that for life . I was leaving my housing estate last night and noticed the owl on wall so t

Bloody paki owl! Youll be over run with them in no time! 

I'd say it's captive as that's an indian/bengalese eagle owl and not a Eurasian

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, delboy_187 said:

It's rung two couldn't make it out last night I'll ring Irish birds of prey in morn       ......any suggestions on what sort of drinker suit them

They don’t really drink they get their fluids from the food 

• Like 2

Well done mate, im sure owner will be pleased to get it back! I found a lanner falcon once, got it back to the owner via a mate who kept BOP, Years later had a decorator in, turns out was his, didn't knock nowt of bill! ☹️

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Well done mate, im sure owner will be pleased to get it back! I found a lanner falcon once, got it back to the owner via a mate who kept BOP, Years later had a decorator in, turns out was his, didn't knock nowt of bill! ☹️

Harsh 

Bird gone back to lad that owns him now so happy days he was chuffed he'd bin gone three weeks .ill remember that for life . I was leaving my housing estate last night and noticed the owl on wall so took few pics quality was shite so turned lights towards him he was just calling not budging I got out slowly walking towards him taken pictures then I twigged the Jessie's on him and knew he was a pet .i climbed the wall about six feet away beside him slowly arsing myself side ways towards him I made an attempt and he tried bite but not fly away so slipped of my jumper wrapped it around my arm and slowly moving then a quick hold of the Jessie's ... bird in the hand put in car .got some better pics and lad invited me to come with my girls to see all his birds of prey   Happy ending 

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0121.JPG

IMG_0126.JPG

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

• Like 13
5 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Owls arnt rung in falconry as a rule and it has Jesse's on so a captive  bird .When fed up ,full up, it will be a totally different unpredictable bird. JUST A WORD OF WARNING .

Every bop should have a ring unless its been nested fd...... Only a fool would keep one without it, someone last a lanner/saker falcon by us few weeks ago,it was inside a unit after the pigeons lad owns the factory's gave my uncle a ring(flies them for a living, does millennium stadium,couple of airports, st davids shopping centre etc ) he went up managed to get it to come to the glove, checked the ring and found the owner, very happy man, bird had telemetry on it but was to far away from where it went missing?

• Like 1