Has anyone seen this before

Lee.m

Hi guys just got back from my permission.Has anyone come across this before I shot this rabbit when I picked it up this fell out of its ear I was shocked as I have never seen this before.  Can anyone tell me what it is.

best regards 

Lee

DF9415B9-B8AF-4407-AF8A-A132FE0634A4.jpeg

D177A256-2C55-4FFC-A7EB-BC85A09D2232.jpeg

I've never had that happen but, at a guess, I'd say the pellet impact has caused internal damage and pressure which has dislodged some part of its anatomy.

....... If that is the case, that bit could look different to how you'd expect because of the damage.

Olfactory lobe?

I’d second what Jon says. Proper sign of a decent head shot that. I haven’t had clotting like that myself on shot game mind. Was it left sometime before pick up?

On another note... it’s not for the table is it? Perhaps think twice about that particular bugs. 

16 hours ago, Rez said:

I’d second what Jon says. Proper sign of a decent head shot that. I haven’t had clotting like that myself on shot game mind. Was it left sometime before pick up?

On another note... it’s not for the table is it? Perhaps think twice about that particular bugs. 

I reckon it'd be fine to eat mate - yes, that's an odd thing to fall out of it's head but, if the liver's good, I'd eat it :thumbs:

Who knows from a picture, but it does look like some sort of a blood clot, and the look of the ear would back that up.

The eye of the rabbit looks mixxy as well, that could have something to do with it!

• Like 1