What would you do

Come on then a list of things you would buy if you won it.

1. Range Rover for the UK roads, no good having a supercar with all the potholes.

2. A track day car because i love my racing, would love to go to circuits across the nation.

3. A huge motorhome, drive across Europe and maybe the US.

4. Predator holiday, would love to travel the globe studying and tracking all the apex predators.

5. Get the best nutritionist to suit my needs and get as fit as possible.

• Like 1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That be mine lol

There is no such thing as poor nowadays in Britain. There was poverty when I was young . But not anymore. If people are hungry now it’s because they can’t manage money properly. We are all caught in a

Id stop buying part worns! 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

The average person could retire on it with sensible investment. 5% on 1M is 50k.

1M you have a choice; extravagance for a couple years or freedom for life. No right answer of course.

100% if I landed 1M I'd quit my job and iron out the details when I could be arsed. More than 3M and I wouldn't even care about the details, LOL.

I,m as dry as toast, if I had a million I could last without working for two or three lifetimes, but if I wanted to build an empire, that would be 4 average homes in Bristol  outright purchase, roughly 15 percent in equity per year and around 5 grand a month in rent, that would do me nicely, what a mad world we live in when people are saying a million quid ain't enough, 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

1. Range Rover for the UK roads, no good having a supercar with all the potholes.

2. A track day car because i love my racing, would love to go to circuits across the nation.

4. Predator holiday, would love to travel the globe studying and tracking all the apex predators.

I wouldn’t have a new land rover if I won 100 million 

sooner have a rangerover classic a pre td5 disco and defenders and 3 series Landys one of each series ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

I’d wreck a Range Rover. Something like this for me and not give much of a toss for owt else.

E08E2BE3-AA3D-4F6F-BF7D-FBE8B7A785CB.jpeg

D583EFFB-879A-4A63-9614-E44CF8383FFB.jpeg

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

what a mad world we live in when people are saying a million quid ain't enough

Fair one GM but the earlier question wasn't asking how would you invest a lottery win to make more money the question was how much would you have to win before you checked out entirely all things being equal?

I know a jackpot isn't directly taxed in Britain but I know that any more than sixteen grand in an interest gathering bank account is subject to the revenue as is the 40% capital gains on properties over £325,000. Not to say that isn't a way to work but work it'll have to do and if you have to hire someone to manage your assets then you've got to pay them also. It can be done but we're a long long way from luxurious motorhomes and globetrotting without a care at this point.

I can save on what I have now, and I'm extremely happy with my financial situation without a lottery win so I'm hardly claiming a million ain't enough. :thumbs:

Edited by ChrisJones
Typo
  • Like 1
On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 13:39, bigmac 97kt said:

if you won the lotto

me Id take the ticket to where it needed to be

once i new the money was safe in a bank account id go to

the nearest airport get on a plane to some where hot

THEN PHONE THE WIFE AND TELL HER IM NOT COMING BACK HOME ?

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

If I won the lottery? I don't know but it'd probably start a little like this...

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/2090016221_zpid/75000-150000_price/299-598_mp/35.864569,-105.583249,35.710001,-105.800915_rect/11_zm/

Or this.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/2089268752_zpid/75000-150000_price/299-598_mp/35.864569,-105.583249,35.710001,-105.800915_rect/11_zm/

• Like 1

40% tax on anything gifted over £3k isn't it?

£1m - invest it. If you buy a big house, cars and the rest it won't last long. Then you've got a long list of big ticket items you got to maintain and pay for on your old wage.

Invest it in something with a nice return and weigh up you options - Keep working , reduce your hours and spend more time with the kids etc etc 

£50m - whatever the f*ck I want!

Farm in the uk somewhere and a ski lodge in france would be the main ones. I think other than that it would be having the ability to spend my time how I wanted - that's the biggest gift, complete freedom and something you probably never get your head around.

• Like 2

But your the only wining ticket holder and you just found out

you have won the euro lotto £160mil

id need a holiday just to sit and work out what to do with it

a young lass my way won a few million and it broke her family apart

mom dad brothers sisters all not speaking to each other

even after she saw them right they wanted more

yes it would be nice and family are some times the worst ones to please

id give them what i wanted and tell them thats it

you want more go buy a ticked and try wining it your selfs

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

18 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

I've thought about this before (dunno why, I don't do the lotto, lol)...

I wouldn't tell anyone how much, just that I had made enough not to need to work anymore. I honestly think it'd ruin some people if I just gave em a couple million. Be better to just sort them out a few bits to put them in a position of privilege but keep them needing to work for a bit of grounding and direction. Give someone with an addictive personality a shit ton of money and they'll probably kill themselves from the total freedom. People need a purpose, some more than others imo.

We're all chasing wealth but in truth it's just a f***ing trap.

What's that line from Yellowstone..... "Leverage is knowing that if somebody had all the money in the world, this is what they'd buy"

Edited by Born Hunter
correct quote
13 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

I think that happens a lot family & friends think you have to pick the tab up for everything ...glad i aint got much family & no friends by choice f**k em?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Kay said:

I think that happens a lot family & friends think you have to pick the tab up for everything ...glad i aint got much family & no friends by choice f**k em?

Same as me, have nothing to do with my family, and only got a couple of mates. Only one problem, I don't do the lottery.

29 minutes ago, Mister Gain said:

Same as me, have nothing to do with my family, and only got a couple of mates. Only one problem, I don't do the lottery.

I  don't do any lottery and never had so I  am hardly likely to win a life changing amount of money?

45 minutes ago, Kay said:

And hears me thinking i was your friend after all these years

O well ill tick you off my list if i do win

you just lost a million ?