Double stranded

netrigger

6 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I use a very similar net made by same guy mostly at night? it’s awsome an was well worth the wait an cost, Iv yet to see a stickier web?

i only have 50 yarders at moment do you think shorter nets are worth using at night?

It’s a case of knowing your ground Fred , there’s no point in running a 50 if a 20 is all you need, I have a hank of 4z ( new) and running line If you need a 25 yrd net , pm me your address and I’ll send it ??

Lovely catch net netrigger ??

edited to ad that it’s not a Velcro net ?

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, netrigger said:

I've set it to 25 yard lines,, 55 yards of net in total,, dark green is engel and the lighter shade is air bag twine and lovely stuff so it is,,  

how thick is the airbag twine? looks good.

• 3 months later...

Thats a nice net double string like that. Now triggered the memory of the very first time I went long netting at night about forty years ago. Me and two mates borrowed a hemp long net double string just like that one. Well we knew a field up on the Moor near Hound Tor where there good numbers of rabbits. So crept down to the bottom of the field a set the net then arced around from different ends of the net to the top of the field, we had the lamp with us so turned it on. There were forty or fifty between us and the net and off they started, now we were getting a bit excited as they started to hit the net. My mate counting twenty, twenty one etc etc, We had three. the net looked like a sail from the battle of Trafalgar holes every where they had gone straight through it was rotten as a pear. We did have a laugh at it back at the pub but we were gutted at the time. 

Only good thing was there was a short section that was good, the chap didn't want the net back so I made some purse nets out of the good bits and still have them to this day, although I don't use then any more along with all my old hemp nets, gone over to spun poly.

Cheers Arry

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Well moving some gear about and in a cardboard box there were some hemp nets I'd put back for repair which I'd not got around to as using spun poly now. There on the top was a couple of them nets from that long net, thought well I'm damed so took a pic.

P1200699.jpg.8233cff72459a25c80c2d3e8bcd352dc.jpg

Cheers Arry

• Like 2