Quick brace!

I hadn't been out foxing for a couple of weeks so thought i would go last night. After a conversation with the keeper who thought he had smelled fox at one particular farm i decided to start there. Arrived about 9.40pm  and set the caller out on a fence post around 50yds away. Rifle loaded, scope checked and illuminator aligned and off we go with pheasant distress. After about 3 minutes there is one on the farm track looking towards the caller but not sure of it. I switched the Drone on and set the trigger by which time he had moved off the track into the field to my right and behind the sheep wire, so no shot yet. It wasn't long, a few seconds before he moved backwards, still looking at the caller  but now clear of the wire. The little 32grn pill hit him through the front of the shoulder and he was dead before he hit the ground. 

I decided it might be prudent to keep calling to make sure he wasn't alone and lo and behold he wasn't. Within 2 minutes there is another on the track looking up at the caller. This fellow however was a little spooked by the plastic box impersonating an easy meal and made the decision to run for it. The Drone was already switched on and the trigger set so i followed him in the scope. At around 180yds he must of thought he had put enough distance between himself and the caller and so he stopped running and turned to look back, the little bullet hit him just behind the shoulder straight into the engine room and that was number2 down. Both accounted for within 10 minutes of arrival. I called at another 3 farms afterwards but didn't see another one. Still he will be happy to get rid of these two.

002.JPG

• Like 5

L

4 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

You guys have been busy whilst ive been off on my jollys well done to all :thumbs:

IMG-20180809-WA0001.jpg

Wish I was there . I love sea fishing . Trouble is with my job I’m busy when the fishing in our waters is at its best . When I retire I’m getting a camper van and I will spend my dotage catching mackerel and and pollock from the rocks and cooking them and washing them down with a nice Sauvignon. That’s my plan anyway.

• Like 1

Sounds like a grand plan ,Brixham harbour was full of Mullet too but they dont let you fish it :censored:Shame as some good meals were in that water .27 mackeral in an hour great fun and a freezer full of teas for the boss.

• Like 1
On 10/08/2018 at 11:43, ianm said:

I hadn't been out foxing for a couple of weeks so thought i would go last night. After a conversation with the keeper who thought he had smelled fox at one particular farm i decided to start there. Arrived about 9.40pm  and set the caller out on a fence post around 50yds away. Rifle loaded, scope checked and illuminator aligned and off we go with pheasant distress. After about 3 minutes there is one on the farm track looking towards the caller but not sure of it. I switched the Drone on and set the trigger by which time he had moved off the track into the field to my right and behind the sheep wire, so no shot yet. It wasn't long, a few seconds before he moved backwards, still looking at the caller  but now clear of the wire. The little 32grn pill hit him through the front of the shoulder and he was dead before he hit the ground. 

I decided it might be prudent to keep calling to make sure he wasn't alone and lo and behold he wasn't. Within 2 minutes there is another on the track looking up at the caller. This fellow however was a little spooked by the plastic box impersonating an easy meal and made the decision to run for it. The Drone was already switched on and the trigger set so i followed him in the scope. At around 180yds he must of thought he had put enough distance between himself and the caller and so he stopped running and turned to look back, the little bullet hit him just behind the shoulder straight into the engine room and that was number2 down. Both accounted for within 10 minutes of arrival. I called at another 3 farms afterwards but didn't see another one. Still he will be happy to get rid of these two.

002.JPG

Good shooting Ian.

204??