What the heck?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

make ye laugh ,,if a cat kills a deer its nature ,if a dog takes a deer its a big fine and the possibility of jail lol

Not sure if that is a mistaken inference by the author. Deer threaten ground nesting birds because they browse the bottom out of woods and hedges, removing the protective cover for them which then lea

They never left us??

Posted Images

:laugh:

I think any suggestion of re-introducing the Lynx to control deer numbers is stretching things a bit too far.

We live in a very different country to when Lynx last walked these shores.

There WILL be instances where they take pets/livestock and even children and adults, then some tree hugger will simply blame the people and say the Lynx was provoked!

I can already see local groups being formed to go and deal with the rogue (don't know why its turned, they are normally docile) Lynx terrorizing an area! 

It will only take one incident then the media will start calling for them to be wiped out!

10 hours ago, Deker said:

:laugh:

I think any suggestion of re-introducing the Lynx to control deer numbers is stretching things a bit too far.

We live in a very different country to when Lynx last walked these shores.

There WILL be instances where they take pets/livestock and even children and adults, then some tree hugger will simply blame the people and say the Lynx was provoked!

I can already see local groups being formed to go and deal with the rogue (don't know why its turned, they are normally docile) Lynx terrorizing an area! 

It will only take one incident then the media will start calling for them to be wiped out!

I think you may be working for the nfu with some of the claims your trying to make mate, this is a newspaper article almost written for you, if they never had gps fitted you would never know they are here, it's a small very secretive woodland cat not a lion, the motives and reasons given for the re introductions may be a little rose tinted but one thing that won't happen, is the uk turning into a scene from a horror movie, 

image.jpeg

8 hours ago, Greyman said:

I think you may be working for the nfu with some of the claims your trying to make mate, this is a newspaper article almost written for you, if they never had gps fitted you would never know they are here, it's a small very secretive woodland cat not a lion, the motives and reasons given for the re introductions may be a little rose tinted but one thing that won't happen, is the uk turning into a scene from a horror movie, 

image.jpeg

Seems to me you are working for the  Re-introduction of the Lynx Party!

Any re-introduction WILL cause issues of some sort, they will not simply hide in the undergrowth and do nothing, anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

Edited by Deker
2 minutes ago, Deker said:

Seems to me you are working for the  Re-introduction of the Lynx Party!

Any re-introduction WILL cause issues of some sort, they will not simply hide in the undergrowth and do nothing, anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded

But I,m already deluded as I think they are here already and very few are ever seen and even less have ever attacked anyone, the main reason I,m keen on the release is because inevitably they will come into contact with others if I,m right and being tracked make,s it easier to witness, I,m a big believer in leaving nature to its own devices in general  but can't see any problem,s with a hand full of cats to top up the gene pool already out there ??

15 hours ago, Greyman said:

But I,m already deluded as I think they are here already and very few are ever seen and even less have ever attacked anyone, the main reason I,m keen on the release is because inevitably they will come into contact with others if I,m right and being tracked make,s it easier to witness, I,m a big believer in leaving nature to its own devices in general  but can't see any problem,s with a hand full of cats to top up the gene pool already out there ??

That's another thread, and maybe true.

Big cat sightings are pretty common, and/or unexplained incidents.  I suspect there are unreported escapees and/or the occasional deliberate release (and I'm not just talking cats, pretty much any pet).    Just the same you need breeding pairs for anything viable and that's where things can come unstuck.

Who knows?

• Like 1