fist post

I applied for my fac a few months back and thought I might as well tag a sgc on to the application ..

as I shoot a dairy farm for rats and ferrels, the owner docent want me shooting them off the roof and clogging all the gutters up so I cant get near them!!

until now.. so I bought a semi so I could get a sound mod as to not create to much noise for the cattle. 

then I realised I like using shotguns so I bought an o/u off a mate at work, I like the idea of more traditional..

so today works gone t1ts up and ive got a few days off so I decided to have a crack at the woodys, ive spoken to a few of the local lads who decoy and 

no one is getting big bags,, they seem scarce and theres that much going on its hard to get on them so I took a couple of flock crows to put at the back of the pattern.

got setup and instantly the crows were on it.. hardly saw any pigeons and they were reluctant to commit so I only managed 3 but got a decent bag of crows!

I took me air rifle with me for the out of range follow up shots.. good job I did cos im still getting to grips with things!

think six needed the follow up.  

set my hide with my back to the woods with good cover either side and had a good day:thumbs:

B1SArnd9RDG7FGL3fq6r6A.thumb.jpg.22376cfa9413d619bbfc63d60065f046.jpg

chuffed to bits with today, wasn't the original plan but panned out well!

ones I could find

754938589_WGbDMltEShSNFWyiflCQ.thumb.jpg.434d2a25b9134ff9b87e5537f5cdb673.jpg

cheers si

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, walshie said:

Nice shooting. Welcome to the dark side. Now you can hang up your poofy airguns. :D

haha.. cheers:thumbs:

ill not be parting with my poof guns any time soon though, there mint for rat bashing!!

but I suppose a 410 would do the job nicely :icon_eek:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, si brown said:

haha.. cheers:thumbs:

ill not be parting with my poof guns any time soon though, there mint for rat bashing!!

but I suppose a 410 would do the job nicely :icon_eek:

Now you're getting the hang of it. Quite an expensive way to shoot rats though. 410 cartridges are stupidly expensive.

23 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Good day out Si better than work or the square box in the corner of the room .

Next time ask me if you can use my over and under

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

true... id rather pull be bollok hair out than watch judge bender or Jeremy Kyle!

you can use the fecker when your down.. me shoulder is black n blue!

ill stick with the semi:laugh:

2 hours ago, walshie said:

Now you're getting the hang of it. Quite an expensive way to shoot rats though. 410 cartridges are stupidly expensive.

one of my mates picked up a second had loader off eBay for £30 he gets given loads of shit cartridges cos his dads something to do with a club!

we were both on about getting  410's for mooching in the woods

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The one said:

Nice result mate  big rifle next then you got a gun for every occasion  LOl 

cheers

im already thinking about putting a variation in..

got an fac air coming next and witch big gun to put in for's a right head wrecker:hmm:

think im gonna need a bigger cabinet.. lol

25 minutes ago, big napper said:

Nice one si great result mate,  hope your not thinking of leaving us poofy air gunners now youv got your fac.

cheers bn:thumbs:...

I was well happy with that session, if id been a better shot there would of been a lot more!

I usually fcuk up the easy shots with the air rifle and its looking like I'll be the same with the sg!

I wont be abandoning the hw100 any time soon I was out with it the other night and ive got a .25 wildcat coming this week to keep it company!!

just need to work like a dickhead now to pay for it:doh:

• Like 1

Yes mate it was a good amount you got, glad to hear your keeping your pcp's, i go every now and then with my mate les with the sg's and im totaly crap shooting them, it seems wierd to be a decent shot with a rifle or air rifle but useless with a shotgun,