Winters coming

7 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Since I moved (only across the road) I've got a gas fire loads of trees down, would have been mine back along  when we had the open fre ffs

Cheers, D.

I'd be knocking that gas fire out and in with the log burner pal, shame to see good fuel getting wasted like that.

the rest of you boys is a bit slow I'm afraid, this winters logs were sawn, split and stacked two years ago ?

• Like 2
14 hours ago, scothunter said:

Yea my coal bunkers are full and got load of split logs getting delivered end of month. 

Also buy north face gear in summer they always have sales on in the summer months and hike the prices up in winter. 

Getting a load of split logs delivered end of month, ??and us southerners are meant to be the softies, get a saw and an axe then you get warm twice, once cutting the wood and once burning it,  never understand anyone who burns wood but won't collect it, not cost effective and messy unless you are away from mains and have no other choice, which would be very rare in the uk ?? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Getting a load of split logs delivered end of month, ??and us southerners are meant to be the softies, get a saw and an axe then you get warm twice, once cutting the wood and once burning it,  never understand anyone who burns wood but won't collect it, not cost effective and messy unless you are away from mains and have no other choice, which would be very rare in the uk ?? 

I don't drive and i do collect wood but it's not that easy. Also it's easier for me. Also don't want to get eaten by these elusive big cat's that roam the country

• Haha 1