• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

????????????????????? percy was his name being  tasty was his game coupled with sage wer his downfall and that’s when the story ends ????????? 3 cheers for pigs ?????????????????????

Well, had a few joints now and the flavour is something else, am really pleased with them. also knocked a few sausages up yesterday, these ones were chilli and garlic, possibly the best sausage I

The first two went to slaughter yesterday, 138 and 152lb hanging weight. Can't wait to pick them up

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ginger beard said:

Nice.something i'd like to do.nice dead weight too.when you pick them up ask for the probe number and put it up.about 30 is what most people want.

Only just seen this so didn't ask, it's more about the flavour for me than how fat/lean they are, although I was very pleased these ones were not too fatty.

How much longer you got in Norway, hope it's all going well for you.

It was just curiosity.rare breeds and being a beginner i thought they might be fatty but look spot on.its usually written on the hock.looks a f***ing good pork chop.what are you going to do with the offal.?

All good here.they just started the elk season yesterday.thinking of a way to get a head and antlers back.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

It was just curiosity.rare breeds and being a beginner i thought they might be fatty but look spot on.its usually written on the hock.looks a f***ing good pork chop.what are you going to do with the offal.?

All good here.they just started the elk season yesterday.thinking of a way to get a head and antlers back.

Yeah, I'm ususually  curious about stuff like that as well, had I only seen it a bit earlier, Learn something new every day.

I also wasn't sure how fatty they would be, but pretty pleased with them, especially like you say, rare breeds normally pile fat on.

only thing on the hock was hanging weight, and number 1, and weight and number 2 on second pig.

The chops cut real nice, well it all did to be fair, looking forward to trying it tomorrow, the offal, well I eat the liver and heart, the dogs get the lungs as I'm not bothering with haggis this time.

Oh man, the size of some of them heads are pretty impressive, need a big case to get one of them back (I will have one if you manage it though)!!!

10 minutes ago, Rabid said:

Yeah, I'm ususually  curious about stuff like that as well, had I only seen it a bit earlier, Learn something new every day.

I also wasn't sure how fatty they would be, but pretty pleased with them, especially like you say, rare breeds normally pile fat on.

only thing on the hock was hanging weight, and number 1, and weight and number 2 on second pig.

The chops cut real nice, well it all did to be fair, looking forward to trying it tomorrow, the offal, well I eat the liver and heart, the dogs get the lungs as I'm not bothering with haggis this time.

Oh man, the size of some of them heads are pretty impressive, need a big case to get one of them back (I will have one if you manage it though)!!!

I got a mate that drove over but its if i can get hime to make a 200 mile detour to drop them off.

What age did you kill them at.?

Pig looks real good,enjoy

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

I got a mate that drove over but its if i can get hime to make a 200 mile detour to drop them off.

What age did you kill them at.?

Pig looks real good,enjoy

Where's he going back too ? 200 mile is some detour !

They were about 30 week old, I sure will enjoy ?

Cheaper than buying from a supermarket, but that doesn't include any time spent, just pure outlay, if I added my time, fencing, arks..........

That and the fact it should be much better quality than supermarket stuff, the equivalent free range to this is silly money to buy, I will hone my costs as I go along so should end up been good value.

• Like 1

Well, had a few joints now and the flavour is something else, am really pleased with them.

also knocked a few sausages up yesterday, these ones were chilli and garlic, possibly the best sausage I've ever eaten,

IMG_2217.jpg

• Like 4